The Matrox 2-Channel Multi-I/O Card is a simultaneous, independent 2-channel input and output 3G/HD/SD card that can be installed in Mac Pro and Apple Xserve systems. This card brings a new level of channel density to Mac-based systems.
It is designed for good performance, flexibility, and scalability. It shares a memory-centric, asynchronous architecture that provides high-speed transfers of video, audio, and graphics data between I/O peripherals, co-processors, the CPU, and host memory. On-board DMA engines allow data transfers to occur without any intervention from the CPU. Dedicated on-board 10-bit hardware scalers off-load CPU or GPU processes.
The full range of broadcast-quality video / audio inputs and outputs are supported in NTSC and PAL as well as 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i HD resolutions at all frame rates. It supports 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios.
- Single-slot, 3/4 length PCI-e x8 card fits into Mac Pro and Apple Xserve systems
- Video Inputs: Up to 4 multi-rate 3G / HD / SD SDI or 2 3G level B, or 2 dual link, or 2 video and key
- 10-bit hardware scaling engine supports up to 4 HD streams or 8 SD streams
- 16 embedded audio I/O channels per SDI stream
- 4 unbalanced analog audio channels for monitoring
- Support for SDI ancillary data such as ATC, AFD, and CC
- Analog blackburst reference input (tri-level or bi-level) with loop through
- Auto-detection of input video resolutions
- One analog LTC input
- RS-422 port for device control
- Supported by the Matrox SDK for Mac