The 6116.10 Compact Digital Underwater Housing for Sony Cyber-shot RX100 from Ikelite is a waterproof case enabling you to shoot beneath the water's surface with your Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 digital camera. It has a depth rating of 200' (60 m).
The housing provides access to all camera functions via mechanical controls. The camera's built-in flash is usable. The case is constructed from durable polycarbonate, which is clear to enable you to monitor the O-ring seal. Housing buoyancy is nearly neutral in freshwater.
You can attach optional wide-angle and macro lenses with 67mm thread diameters to the housing's integrated lens port. An example is the W-30 Wide Angle Lens. Wide-angles will increase your angle of coverage, allowing you to get close to your subject while fitting more in the frame, while macros will enable extreme close-up shots with clarity. Both types of lenses cut down on distortion caused by the water, thus improving image quality. Bayonet lenses are not compatible with this housing.
To restore colors that get absorbed underwater, you can use optional external color correction filters for blue or green water.
You can use optional external strobes to improve lighting, but they must be triggered as slave units. To soften the light of the camera's built-in flash and thus prevent backscatter and hard shadows, a flash diffuser and flash deflector are included.
The housing is equipped with a 12-24 thread with 3" (7.6 cm) spacing for the mounting of an optional aluminum tray with single or dual handles. Adding a tray and handles can improve the handling of the housing underwater, and also gives you attachment points for lighting.
- Depth Rating
- Safe to use at depths up to 200' (60 m)
- Provides access to all camera functions via mechanical controls. The camera's built-in flash is usable
- Crafted from durable polycarbonate, a material known for its corrosion-free properties. Housing is clear to enable you to monitor the O-ring seal. Buoyancy is nearly neutral in freshwater
- Lens Port
- You can attach optional wide-angle and macro lenses that have 67mm thread diameters to the housing's built-in lens port. One such lens is the W-30 Wide Angle Lens. Wide-angles increase angle of coverage, permitting you to get close to your subject while fitting more in the frame. Macros give you the ability to capture extreme close-ups with clarity. In either case, getting closer minimizes distortion caused by the water, resulting in improved image quality. The W-30 has 0.59x magnification, can be removed and replaced underwater, and accepts optional 4.2" (106.7 mm) color filters. Bayonet lenses are not compatible with this housing
- Color Correction Filters
- Replace some of the reds, oranges and more natural tones that would otherwise be lost due to absorption underwater. Optional filter 6441.41 is available for blue water, while optional filter 6441.81 is available for green water. For use without a strobe
- Strobe Use
- Optional external strobes are usable, but must be triggered as slave units. An underwater strobe is able to travel farther and cover more area than the camera's built-in flash. The optional AF35 AutoFlash is an automatic optical slave strobe featuring exposure adjustment capabilities. It comes complete with tray and handle
- Other Lighting Options
- The optional PRO-V8 LED video light provides additional illumination for video recording and focusing
- Included Lighting Accessories
- The included flash diffuser and flash deflector soften the light of the camera's built-in flash, thus preventing backscatter and hard shadows
- Has 12-24 thread with 3" (7.6 cm) spacing, enabling you to mount an optional aluminum tray with single or dual handles. This can improve the handling of the housing underwater, while also providing attachment points for lighting