This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The VFS7 Underwater Housing for Sony NEX-FS700 35mm Camcorder from Ewa-Marine is a waterproof case enabling you to shoot beneath the water's surface with your Sony NEX-FS700 Super 35mm Camcorder. It has a depth rating of 32.8' (10 m). The housing's integrated, optically neutral flat glass lens port will accommodate the camcorder's cine-style film lenses.
The VFS7 provides access to all the camcorder's functions, which are operable through the housing. It is constructed from clear double laminated PVC. The housing comes with an Ewa-Marine CA67mm filter thread adapter for connecting a lens with a 67mm filter thread to the inside of the port. Other adapters with filter threads of 49, 52, 55, 58, 62 and 72mm are available separately.
Two clamping rails anodized for corrosion resistance fit together to form a watertight seal; you can tighten them via knurled thumb screw knobs. Straps at the bottom of the housing enable you to attach optional weights for negative buoyancy underwater. The included water-resistant yellow carry-case is not meant for submersion, but will protect your gear against splashes.
- Depth Rating
- Safe to use at depths up to 32.8' (10 m)
- Control Access
- Provides access to all camcorder functions, which are operated through the housing
- Crafted from clear double laminated PVC. There is a built-in section that accommodates the camcorder's LCD screen. The housing's watertight seal is created via two clamping rails that fit together. The rails are anodized for corrosion resistance and can be tightened by knurled thumb screw knobs. Straps at the bottom of the housing allow you to attach optional weights for negative buoyancy underwater; the housing is regularly positive in buoyancy
- Lens Port
- The camcorder's camcorder's cine-style film lenses are accommodated by the housing's built-in, optically neutral flat glass port
- Filter Adapter
- Included is an Ewa-Marine CA67mm filter thread adapter that enables you to connect a lens with a 67mm filter thread to the inside of the port. Optional adapters with filter threads of 49, 52, 55, 58, 62 and 72mm are also available
- Included Items
- A packet of drying agent CD5 helps prevent the buildup of moisture in the housing, which could of course be harmful to your camcorder. Also supplied is enough foam padding to fill up any extra space inside the housing. This is used to prevent your camcorder from bouncing around. The foam would only be necessary when shooting above the water's surface, because underwater, the water pressure will compress the housing, getting rid of any excess space and providing a snug, secure fit. The water-resistant yellow carry-case, while not meant for submersion, will safeguard your gear against splashes