The 512GB 840 Pro Series 2.5" Solid State Drive (SSD) from Samsung is an internal storage solution that can handle business or consumer applications. As this drive utilizes no moving parts, it is designed to store and recall your computer or server's data at faster speeds than a hard drive and use less power.
In terms of processing strength, this drive offers sequential read speeds of up to 540MB/s and sequential write speeds of up to 520MB/s. It is capable of random read speeds of up to 100K IOPS and random write speeds of up to 90K IOPs. At 0.28-inches thick and only 2.4 ounces, this 840 Pro Series SSD is slim and lightweight enough to accommodate ultra-slim PC cases and ultra-slim laptops.
For business-users, the drive also features Worldwide Name (WWN), LED Indicator support, and AES 256-bit Full Disk Encryption (FDE). For added convenience, the drive comes with Samsung's Magician software, which enables performance benchmarking, optimization, firmware updates, data security and over-provisioning. It also comes with Smart Migration software so you can easily migrate data from your old drive to this one.
- Designed to Perform
- Samsung's 840 Pro solid state drive is built with an advanced MDX controller and is designed to deliver high Random and Sequential Read and Write speeds regardless of data type
- Built for Reliability
- This solid state drive incorporates wear-leveling and garbage collection algorithms so as optimize performance and ensure reliability over time. As an added measure, the drive is sold with a limited five-year warranty
- Business-Oriented Features
- The 840 SSD 840 PRO Series introduces three important hardware features for businesses: Worldwide Name (WWN), LED Indicator support, and AES 256-bit Full Disk Encryption (FDE). The first two features make it easier to integrate the 840 PRO SSD into server and storage systems while the AES Encryption helps safeguard data against attack. By encrypting all information on the disk at the hardware level, there is no detrimental effect on performance
- Magician Software for Monitoring Your Drive and Computer System
- Samsung's Magician software has been redesigned and includes several business-friendly features including Drive Health Status, Total Bytes Written (TBW), and Disk Scan and Error Reporting functionality. This allows IT managers to monitor drive health and plan hardware replacement cycles