The Drift HD Ghost Action Camcorder supports Full HD 1080p, HD 960p, HD 720p and SD WVGA resolution video, as well as high-resolution still image capture. Plus, the camera is equipped with Wi-Fi for communicating with smartphones via the Drift Mobile App, which will be available for both iOS and Android mobile devices. You can use the Wi-Fi connectivity to preview and line up shots remotely, snap photos and playback footage directly through your mobile device. You can also transfer video footage to your smartphone or tablet for immediate uploading to the Web including YouTube and other social media sites.
The Drift HD Ghost features a wearable remote control that can be mounted to your wrist. The remote is equipped with two LED indicators that clearly communicate which mode (video, photo, time-lapse or photo-burst) the camera is set to. You can use the remote to turn the camera on and off, start/stop recordings, change function modes and more. The remote has a range of up to 30-feet. Another highlight of the HD Ghost is the PowerStation battery, which supports three hours of recording time per charge. The battery is also located in the center of the camera, which enhances battery life and helps to reduce camera shake.
The camera also supports Drift's unique Video Tag/Loop function, which lets you save a recorded event up to five minutes after you've shot the footage. The footage is recorded in a continuous loop style and the clip is stored on the camera's memory, but it isn't saved until you actually "tag" it. The HD Ghost also has a large 2" Gorilla Glass LCD screen that affords easy playback and menu navigation. Plus, it will remain scratch-free thanks to the durability of the Gorilla Glass protective panel.
Drift outfitted the HD Ghost with their Pure Audio Technology as well. The microphone features digital and mechanical modulation technology for improved digital signal processing and wind-noise reduction. The mic also supports multiple sensitivity settings. Plus, there's a 3.5mm microphone input for connecting an external mic. Other features include a seven element lens and a waterproof construction that makes the camera impermeable down to a depth of 9' (3 m). There's a waterproof housing available as well (sold separately).
- Drift Active Status Two-Way Remote with LED Lights
- The Drift HD Ghost features a wearable on/off remote control with LEDs and wrist strap. The strategically placed LEDs on the remote instantly communicate the mode currently in use displaying a color-coded system indicating Video, Photo, Timelapse or Photoburst modes. The remote also streamlines functionality by allowing users to take photos and change function modes from up to 32.8' (10m) away, as well as to start and stop recording. This saves precious memory space and battery life
- Drift Flashback Video Tag/Loop
- Action sports enthusiasts can save a recorded event up to five minutes after it happens while in Video Tag/Loop mode, which records footage in a continuous loop style. The video clip is stored in the camera's memory, and will save the clip only if the user chooses to "tag" it
- Built-In 2" LCD Screen with Gorilla Glass
- The screen allows quick, real-time viewing of camera angles before you even press record. It also supports instant video playback of recorded footage, making it easy to edit, delete and re-live your favorite clips. Plus, the screen is covered with Gorilla Glass to ensure scratch-proof performance even in the most rugged terrain
- Drift DataLink Wi-Fi Enabled & Drift App
- The Drift HD Ghost comes Wi-Fi-enabled to communicate instantly with smartphones. Combined with the Drift Mobile App (for both iOS and Android) you can preview and line up a shot remotely from your phone, change camera settings, record video, capture photos and playback clips directly through your iOS or Android mobile device. You can even download content from the camera to your smartphone instantly and share content wirelessly across your favorite social media platforms
- Drift PowerStation
- The Drift HD Ghost standard 1700 mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides three hours of recording time per charge. The Drift PowerStation also uniquely places the battery in the center of the camera maximizing battery life and providing an anti-vibration system
- Advanced Drift Pure Audio Technology
- The microphone features digital and mechanical dynamic modulation technology which offers innovations in digital signal processing and wind-noise reduction to provide clear audio. Standard in all Drift cameras are multiple sensitivity settings and an external 3.5mm microphone connector to further enhance your captured audio
- Enhanced 7 Element Lens Design
- The Drift HD Ghost has an upgraded 300° full rotatable lens design consisting of seven elements, ensuring optically pure performance. Plus, while recording clear HD video in a variety of resolutions (ranging from 1080p, 960p, 720p to WVGA), you can simultaneously shoot still photos without interrupting your video, so you'll never miss a moment. The lens features a 170° field of view in all resolutions, as well as a 127° or 90° field of view in 1080p only, and a 130° field of view at 60 fps
- Waterproof Camera Design & Optional Waterproof Housing
- The Drift HD Ghost features an improved design allowing the camera to be waterproof right out of the box to a depth of 9' (3m). For deep water enthusiasts, Drift offers an optional waterproof housing that allows you to capture underwater adventures down to a depth of 180' (60m)
- Full HD 1080p video capture
- microSD memory capacity up to 32GB
- 60 fps video in 720p resolution and 120 fps video in WVGA resolution
- 11-megapixel still image capture with Photoburst mode
- 10x digital zoom
- Multiple mounting design and standard 1/4"-20 tripod thread
- Built-in noise reducing microphone, integrated speaker and 3.5mm mono plug input
- Mini-HDMI connector for HDTV playback
- User-friendly control panel supports 15 languages
- 350 mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery for remote control (internal) (DC 3.7V)
- 2.4G remote control radio frequency
- USB plug-and-play connectivity
- Auto/Manual exposure