The 1TB Expansion Portable USB 3.0 Hard Drive from Seagate is a compact, high capacity external hard drive designed to keep your files with you on the go. It uses a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface, but is also backward compatible with USB 2.0 legacy devices so they won't be left behind. With USB 3.0 you can achieve data transfer rates up to a maximum of 5Gbps, an outstanding 10x faster than USB 2.0 devices that will get up to 480Mbps.
The unit is bus-powered, meaning you won't have to carry and plug-in bulky power supplies and adapters in order to get at your files, and it even comes equipped with a USB 3.0 cable so you can get started immediately. Just plug it in, and your drive will be automatically recognized by any Windows machine, and you're on your way to transferring and backing up files.
Despite all of these features, the device is really designed for portability. Its slim form-factor and lightweight casing make this a tuck-in-your-bag and go kind of unit. It is a perfect solution to provide extra storage for your mobile devices like laptops or ultrabooks, and its USB 3.0 speeds will make quick work of even your largest HD media files.
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Interface & Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Compatible
- Save and access data at SuperSpeed USB 3.0 speeds or change gears and utilize the backward-compatible USB 2.0 interface.
- Maximum Data Transfers Up to 5 GB/s
- Using SuperSpeed USB 3.0 technology allows you to transfer data up to 10x faster than USB 2.0 technology - at a maximum of 5Gbps. You also won't have to worry about your older devices being incompatible, because this drive is backward compatible with USB 2.0 and supports up to 480Mbps data transfer rates.
- Bus-Powered via Included USB 3.0 Cable
- Continuing its theme of portability, the drive is bus-powered via the included USB 3.0 cable, so you don't need to attach heavy and cumbersome power supplies or adapters just to get at your files.
- Automatically Recognized by Windows
- Since this drive is automatically recognized by the Windows operating systems, there's no software to install and nothing to configure. Saving files is easy, right out of the box, simply drag and drop no matter what PC you're using.