The MS-66-K DSLR/Video Mini Shotgun Microphone Kit from Senal is a complete solution for recording audio directly to your DSLR or camcorder. With several qualities of a professional shotgun mic packed into a pen-sized lightweight design, it allows for clear dialog capture without compromising your compact setup or getting in the way of your shot.
The microphone itself has a hypercardioid polar pattern that allows it to clearly pick up subjects directly in front of it while strongly rejecting unwanted off-axis sound. Designed for the clear capture of dialog, the MS-66-K is optimized for applications such as capturing interviews both in and outdoors. Its small, 6-inch frame stays out of frame when mounted to your DSLR, assuring your mic will never be in your shot, even with most wide-angle lenses.
The MS-66-K has an SPL handling of up to 124dB, allowing it be used with ease on louder sources. For quieter or more subtle subjects, the mic has a 3-stage gain control, allowing you to select between 0, 10, or 20dB of additional gain, therefore bypassing the notoriously noisy preamps aboard many cameras and camcorders. The mic has a partially coiled 7-inch cable that terminates in a stereo 3.5mm connector. Thanks to the included shockmount, you can attach the MS-66-K to a boompole as well as a camera. The rugged shockmount slides effortlessly onto the base of the microphone for a sturdy hold. Its slim profile allows fast and easy access to all controls and foam windscreen, and can be tilted, allowing you to adjust the angle of the mic as needed. The included windscreen helps reduce wind noise while in use. The kit includes a limited 10-year warranty
- The MS-66-K's hypercardioid polar pattern is optimized to focus on the subject in front of the microphone and reject off-axis sound, limiting distractions from your video recording
- High SPL handling and level boost adjustments allow for reliable audio capture from both loud and quiet sources
- The included tiltable shockmount with shoe-mount adapter isolates the microphone from vibrations in your camera or boompole to minimize handling noise
- The shoe-mount adapter with a 1/4"-20 threaded socket lets you mount the MS-66-K on a camera or boompole
- The 3.5mm audio connection plugs into your DSLR or camcorder's audio input jack to record live audio directly into your camera