The black PowerShot N Digital Camera from Canon inaugurates a new series of digital point-and-shoots. It is a sleek, compact camera with a wide-angle zoom lens, tilt and touch LCD panel and Wi-Fi connectivity featuring a convenient Mobile Device Connect Button.
The PowerShot N offers the Canon HS System, which combines a 12.1MP high-sensitivity CMOS sensor and the DIGIC 5 Image Processor to create photo and video images with accurate color and rich detail. It provides high quality low-light capability up to 6400 ISO and fast performance speed in both still mode and Full 1080 HD video. Video mode is one-touch ready via the dedicated movie button. A new body design provides shutter and zoom rings for quick, intuitive adjustments and shooting and the 2.8" tilting, capacitive LCD with touch control offers easy menu navigation and the ability to compose and view playback from multiple angles.
The PowerShot N features an 8x optical zoom lens with a maximum aperture of f/3.0. The 8x zoom provides focal lengths that run from true wide-angle 28mm to telephoto 224mm in the 35mm format. It also automatically compensates for camera shake with Intelligent Image Stabilization, which offers six separate stabilization modes.
Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to wirelessly transfer images to your computer, or to any Android or iOS device via Canon's free CameraWindow app. With the CameraWindow app you can also send images directly to social networking sites and the camera's one-touch Mobile Device Connect Button makes connecting to your smartphone simple.
- 12.1 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS Sensor
- Optimized for use in compact cameras, the 12.1MP CMOS sensor provides high sensitivity for high quality, low-noise images even at high ISO levels. Its high speed design captures images with speed and moves them quickly to the image processor enabling faster autofocus and continuous shooting.
- Canon DIGIC 5 Image Processor
- The latest generation Canon DIGIC 5 Image Processor increases processing speed and power, delivers clear images in low light, and performs advanced functions such as lens correction and creative scene modes.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Mobile Device Connect Button
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to wirelessly transfer images to your computer or your iOS or Android device via the Canon CameraWindow app, which is available as a free download. Through the CameraWindow app, you can send images directly to social networking sites such as Facebook and the camera's Mobile Device Connect Button allows for one touch connection to your smartphone or tablet.
- 8x Optical Zoom Lens
- The 8x optical zoom 28mm wide-angle lens provides a range of shooting options from true wide angle to telephoto. The lens offers the 35mm focal length equivalency of a 28-224mm lens with a maximum aperture of f/3.0.
- Optical Image Stabilization
- The len's optical image stabilization system offers compensation for camera shake and allows for faster shutter speeds and clearer images in low light situations. Six separate shake correction modes provide crisp images in both photo and video capture.
- 2.8" Capacitive Tilt-Touch LCD
- A newly designed 2.8" capacitive LCD screen provides clear image composition and playback. Its tilt capability allows for shooting from high and low angles as well as better viewing in direct sunlight. The top-mounted hinge keeps the PowerShot N compact, even when folded out, for easy, one-handed operation and the panel's touch control offers simple and intuitive menu adjustment.
- Full HD 1080p Video
- A dedicated movie button makes it easy to switch directly to video mode. With one touch of the button you are able to capture video in Full HD 1080p video at 24 frames per second. Video is also available in lower resolutions and in miniature effect mode and Super Slow Motion mode. Short Movie "Digests" can be created at 1280 x 720 resolution.
- Ring Control
- Dual lens rings provide control over the lens and shutter. The outer ring controls the shutter, which can be released from any point on the ring. However you hold the PowerShot N, the shutter release is always under your finger for quick and discreet release. The inner ring controls the zoom of the lens ensuring your images are sharp and clear. Responsive and silent zoom action provides the feel of real lens control when operating the PowerShot N.
- New Creative Shot Mode
- With Creative Shot Mode you can automatically create images with artistic flair. In addition to the original shot, the camera automatically produces and saves five unique variations of the composition by cropping it, rotating it, or adjusting its color or tone.
- Playback Features
Still Image Playback: Single, Thumbnails (4-100), Magnified (2x-10x), Information Display, Overexposure Warning, Resume Playback, Red-Eye Correction, Photobook Set-up
Movies Playback: Normal, Pause, Skip Backward, Skip Forward, Previous Frame and Next Frame
Playback Modes File for Stills and Movies: Auto Rotate, Rotate and Search
- Erase Features
- Single Image and Erase All
- Printer Interface
- Via the camera's USB 2.0 Hi-speed cable, connection to Canon SELPHY Compact Photo Printers, PIXMA Inkjet Photo Printers and PictBridge-compatible printers is possible.