The black Foscam FI9821W V2 Wireless Indoor 1MP, IP Camera is an indoor remote surveillance pan and tilt HD video camera, with built in motion detection. This is the newer version of the camera, version 2, and utilizes a 1/4" Color 1.3 Mp CMOS sensor to capture video at a resolution of 1280 x 720. The unit can capture images in complete darkness by utilizing 11 built-in 850 nm IR LEDs. The camera can be controlled over a wireless or wired Internet connection. It works with wireless routers that support the IEEE 802.11 b/g/n protocol and also has a 10/100 Mb/s Ethernet port. It features a pan range of 300 degrees and a tilt range of 120 degrees with 16 programmable preset positions. Users can create a path for the camera to follow by using combinations of these 16 positions.
Designed to provide you with flexible control options, the camera can be remotely monitored and controlled via Foscam's downloadable software, your web browser or on your Android or Apple phone via the downloadable App. For security, the camera supports WEP, WPA and WPA2 encryption. The FI9821W is also dual stream capable, which means it can simultaneously encode two streams. This allows it to send a high-resolution stream over a LAN, while also providing a lower resolution stream for viewing over the Internet. The H.264 codec is used to compress the video to provide a balance between image quality and file size. The camera features email notification of motion detection and it has a built-in mic and speaker that allows you to have a conversation with someone near the camera. There is an integrated SD media card slot for storing recordings to an SD card.
- The camera features a 1/4" CMOS 1.3 Mp 1280 x 720 sensor
- The lens is a 2.8mm, F:2.4 IR corrected fixed focal length lens, with a viewing angle of 70°
- 11 IR LEDs operating at 850 nm allow the camera to capture images in darkness from up to 26 feet away
- It features a 300° of Pan and 120° of tilt, with 16 programmable preset positions
- An SD card slot is provided for recording to an optional SD card up to 32GB
- The camera comes with built-in microphone and speaker, as well as 3.5 mm mini-jacks for an external mic and speaker
- The camera is manually operated via wired or wireless internet protocols.
- The camera captures at 720p (1280 x 720), VGA (640 x 480), QVGA (320 x 24) with default frame rates of 30, 25 depending on the frequency (60/50 Hz) selected
- The camera is also capable of capturing video with frames rates from 20 fps to 1 fps in 1 frame increments in all three resolutions
- The camera automatically adjusts the white balance, depending on the color temp of the available light
- The user can adjust brightness, contrast, saturation and sharpness
- The H.264 codec is used to encode video for IP streaming
- The camera can encode and deliver two independent streams. This allows one high bit rate stream to be streamed locally over a LAN, while the lower bit rate stream is viewable live over the internet.
- Each camera has a unique DDNS domain name that enables its output to be viewed over the Internet.
- You can use Foscam's DDNS, or third party DDNS
IP Camera Control
- The camera is manually operated via wired or wireless internet protocols
- It features 16 programmable preset positions the user can step through or combine into a
programmable path for the camera to follow when triggered
- The FI9821W features support for the following:
- HTTP, TCP/IP, UDP, FTP, DHCP, DDNS, UPN
- WEP, WPA, and WPA2 Encryption
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n wireless protocols for connecting to wireless routers
- Supports Foscam's downloadable Super Client Software
- Includes a built-in web server that supports Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Safari (On MAC)
- Remote viewing and control with iPhone/Android with available app
- The FI9821W supports multi-level user management with password protection
- Features an on screen display menu system for control of the camera
- The FI9821W motion detection capabilities feature the following:
- User can schedule when motion detection is active
- Enable/disable motion detection in a user specified area of the frame
- Motion Detection Indicators
- Ring: Audible alarm sounds from the camera
- Snapshot: Still image can be recorded to an available SD card, or uploaded directly to FTP site
- Record: Unit records video for a preset duration to an available SD card, pre-alarm recording is also supported
- Email - Unit will send an email notification when triggered. With snapshot enabled the image is attached to the email
- The FI9821W features two-way audio monitoring which allows the user to listen and talk to someone near the camera from anywhere the user has an internet connection.