Vocodex is a Windows compatible VST plug-in from Image-Line that provides vocoder and voice doubling effects and more.
Vocodex works by analyzing the real-time frequency band of your voice (or any other input) and uses it as a modulator to control the frequency band activity of another synthesized sound. It then uses a series of narrow-band frequency gates to filter out the frequencies in the synthesized sound that are not present in the voice sound. The result is the classic talking-synth vocoder effect.
Vocodex's tone generator is powered by the same engine found in Image-Line's Sytrus synth plug-in. It also has a built in unison effect to create lush, full tones plus the Soundgoodizer limiter to ensure smooth, warm output.
- Speech enhancement by contouring of noise or modulator pass-through
- Modulator noise reduction to reduce ambient noise bleeding through carrier
- Voice doubling and reverb capabilities
- Up to 100 bands individually locatable anywhere in the spectrum
- Sidechain carrier & or modulator input