The black ColorEdge CG276 27" Hardware Calibration LCD Monitor from EIZO features a 2560 x 1440 (DisplayPort, DVI) and 1920 x 1080 (HDMI) native resolution, a stunning 1000:1 contrast ratio and 320 cd/m2 brightness. It also features DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-D inputs that enable connectivity to various types of graphics boards.The ColorEdge CG276 Monitor has a built-in SelfCalibration sensor, which allows you to automate calibration. It also incorporates EIZO's patented Digital Uniformity Equalizer (DUE) technology to ensure a Delta-E difference of 3 or less across the screen. Using the DisplayPort input, the monitor offers 10-bit simultaneous color display* from a 16-bit LUT, which means it can present more than one billion colors simultaneously. Designed for both soft proofing and digital device emulation, the bundled ColorNavigator software allows you to know how your clients will see color. The monitor also comes with a versatile stand that offers height, tilt and swivel adjustments as well as a portrait mode display.
Note! *A graphics board and software supporting 10-bit output are also necessary for a 10-bit display.
Built-In Sensor for Simplified Maintenance
- Built-In SelfCalibration Sensor
Automate your calibration with the built-in SelfCalibration sensor that is housed within the monitor's bottom bezel and swings up onto the screen only when calibrating. This sensor eliminates the need for a third-party calibration device and even operates in portrait mode.
Using either the On-Screen Display menu or the bundled ColorNavigator software, you can schedule the monitor to self-calibrate at specific times. Even if the monitor is switched off or not connected to a computer, it will stick to its preset schedule and self-calibrate.
- Correlation with External Sensors
- The ColorEdge CG276 Monitor can be correlated to the measurement results of an external calibration sensor. After correlating, the built-in sensor will automatically recalibrate to the settings. This is convenient if the monitor is used in a work environment with other monitors and one measurement device must be used as a standard for all calibration.
Stable Image Display Free from Environmental Influence
- EIZO-Developed ASIC at the Core
- The ColorEdge CG276 Monitor comes with an Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) developed by EIZO to meet the needs of the graphics market. The ASIC has its own algorithms used in high-precision color processing to produce smooth color tones.
- Color That's Ready When You Are
- It typically takes 30 minutes or longer for a monitor's brightness, chromaticity and tone characteristics to stabilize from the time it is turned on. EIZO has shortened this warm-up time by more than 75% to a mere 7 minutes. For confirming your work in a photo studio or taking your monitor with you on location, you can get to work right away.
- Brightness and Color Uniformity with DUE
- Fluctuations in brightness and chromaticity on different parts of the screen are a common trait of LCD monitors. To counteract this, the monitor incorporates EIZO's patented Digital Uniformity Equalizer (DUE) technology to ensure a Delta-E difference of 3 or less across the screen. In addition, DUE counterbalances the influences that a fluctuating ambient temperature may have on color temperature and brightness to ensure stable image display.
Predictable Color You Can Depend
- Individually Adjusted at the Factory
- The gamma level for each ColorEdge monitor is adjusted at the factory. This is accomplished by measuring the R, G and B gamma values from 0 - 255, then using the monitor's 16-bit Look-Up Table (LUT) to select the 256 most appropriate tones to achieve the desired value.
- Reproduces Almost the Entire Adobe RGB Color Space
- A wide color gamut reproduces 97% of the Adobe RGB color space, so images shot in RAW can be converted to Adobe RGB or images shot in Adobe RGB will be displayed correctly. The colors of vibrant blue skies and lush green forests seen in photos will be reproduced faithfully in a way that cannot be produced on monitors with an sRGB color space. The wide color gamut also ensures that the monitor reproduces almost the entire ISO-coated and US web-coated CMYK color spaces used in printing.
- 10-Bit Simultaneous Display
- Using the DisplayPort input, the monitor offers 10-bit simultaneous color display* from a 16-bit LUT, which means it can display more than one billion colors simultaneously. This is 64 times as many colors as you get with an 8-bit display, which results in smoother color gradations and reduced Delta-E between two adjacent colors. 1
Simple and Precise Calibration with ColorNavigator
- ColorNavigator Software
- The bundled ColorNavigator software makes calibration both simple and quick. Just input target values for brightness, white point and gamma. The built-in sensor directly utilizes the monitor's LUT and creates an ICC profile within minutes. You can always download the latest version of ColorNavigator for free from www.eizo.com.
- Predictable Color with Any Media
- With content published on so many types of printed and digital media, it's critical to know how your clients will see color. Designed for both soft proofing and digital device emulation, the bundled ColorNavigator software allows you to do just that. So now you can "predict" how color will appear to your clients, whether you produce content for printed media like books and magazines or for digital media devices like tablets, smart phones and notebook computers.
Comfort and Convenience
- Multiple Inputs
- DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-D inputs are included to enable connectivity to various types of graphics boards. The HDMI input also offers direct connection with digital cameras. Two USB upstream ports allow two computers to be connected at once, so it's not necessary to reconnect the USB cable when using the ColorNavigator software and switching between the two computers.
- Smooth Display of Video
- For video editing or post-production work, an overdrive circuit is included to reduce the gray-to-gray response time to 7.7 ms and ensure that moving images look clean and sharp with minimum ghosting.
- Adjustable Stand
- Adjust the screen to the most comfortable angle and reposition it to show your work to a colleague or client. The monitor comes with a versatile stand that offers height, tilt and swivel adjustments as well as portrait mode display.
- Shading Hood for Portrait and Landscape Modes
- The monitor comes bundled with a unique hood that is designed for portrait mode as well. Now you can keep the glare off your screen no matter which mode you work in.
Ideal for Video Editing and Post Production
- 1080/24p Playback
- A film is usually shot at 24 frames/second and looks unnatural when played back on a typical monitor that displays 60 frames/second. The HDMI input supports a video signal display rate of 1080/24p frames/second so you can edit the film for better viewing.
- I/P Conversion
- The HDMI input supports I/P (interlace/progressive) conversion for converting the interlaced signals from TV and video into progressive signals for flicker-free display.
- 3D LUT for Accurate Color Display
- A 3D LUT is included which adjusts colors individually on an RGB cubic table. With the bundled ColorNavigator software's emulation function, the 3D LUT applies a film look to the image so creators can check how it will be viewed by their audience. The 3D LUT also improves the monitor's additive color mixture (combination of RGB), which is a key factor in its ability to display neutral gray tones.
- Preset Color Modes
- A button on the front of the monitor provides quick access to several broadcast-standard color modes reset color modes: Rec. 709, EBU, SMPTE-C and DCI. In addition, sRGB and Adobe RGB modes are available.
- Safe Area Marker
- A safe area marker designates the area of the screen that will be displayed when the monitor is connected to a particular device. This allows you to check that subtitles and other text will be visible. The color of the marker is changeable to ensure it remains with any imagery.
Commitment to Quality and the Environment
- Pixel Defect Warranty up to 12 Months
- The RGB full pixel failure is zero for up to 12 months after the date of purchase based on ISO 9241-307 (pixel failure class I).
- No Power Consumption When Turned Off
- When the monitor is turned off via the power button on its front bezel, it consumes no electricity.