The Samsung 51" 5300 Series Full HD Plasma TV features an anti-reflection Clear Image plasma panel with 1920 x 1080p Full HD resolution, Real Black contrast enhancing technology and a 600 Hz Subfield Motion that promotes sharp detail and contrast - even when watching sports and fast action movies. The Wide Color Enhancer Plus feature further improves picture quality by allowing you to see the full RGB spectrum. For flexible connectivity, this model offers dual HDMI inputs and a USB port with ConnectShare Movie, which lets you play videos, music or photos from a USB drive without needing to use a PC. Other connection options include a shared component/composite AV input, a digital optical audio output and more.
The 5300 Series TV also features dual 10W down-firing, full-range speakers that are enhanced by DTS Studio Sound with SRS TheaterSound HD. This technology gives the illusion of being surrounded by the audio even though there are only two speakers. The TV supports Dolby Digital Plus / Pulse as well, which ensures optimum audio quality when watching/listening to a USB or Internet audio source. DTS 2.0 + Digital Out and DTS Premium Sound are the TV's other premium audio decoding options. This model also features an Eco Sensor that automatically adjusts TV brightness depending on the amount of ambient light in the room. Plus, a universal remote control is included for ease-of-operation.
- Full HD 1080p
- This Samsung model features a Full HD 1080p plasma panel with native 1920 x 1080 resolution.
- Clear Image Panel
- This Samsung Plasma TV uses an anti-reflection panel and filter to eliminate layered images and produce clear images from almost every angle. This also eliminates the production of dual images and blurring typically found with glass.
- 600 Hz Subfield Motion
- This plasma TV generates a frame of video at 600 times a second. The result is smoother images with sharp picture quality, especially beneficial when viewing sports and fast action movies.
- Real Black Panel
- Real Black technology uses advancements in software technology to provide deeper and darker black levels for bolder hues and higher contrast.
- Clean View
- Samsung's Clean View auto noise-removal technology removes digital and analog noise that is seen on the screen. The Analog Noise Filter enhances the picture quality by deleting visual noise from both air and cable sources.
- Wide Color Enhancer Plus
- Wide Color Enhancer Plus allows you to see the entire RGB spectrum brought to life on your screen. This provides vibrant, yet natural-looking images.
- ConnectShare Movie
- ConnectShare Movie lets you watch videos, play music or view photos from a USB connection without needing to use a PC or special equipment. Simply plug your USB memory device directly into the TV's USB port and watch on the big screen with friends and family. The USB media player supports multiple formats including AVI, ASF, MP3, JPEG and more.
- Dual HDMI Connections
- HDMI is a high-quality, single-cable, digital audio/video interface for connecting the TV to a digital cable box, satellite box, DVD player, Blu-ray player, computer, laptop, gaming console, tablet, smartphone or other device with an HDMI output. This TV features two HDMI inputs, so you can connect multiple devices at once.
- Dolby Digital Plus / Pulse
- Dolby Digital Plus / Pulse optimizes the TV sound quality when viewing and listening to Internet movies, Internet music and other content played back from wired or wireless mobile phones, PCs and tablet devices.
- DTS 2.0 + Digital Out
- DTS 2.0 advanced audio processing decodes the DTS stream, then mixes down and outputs 2-channel audio, played back via stereo speakers. Digital Out means the device can also output the DTS bitstream via digital outputs (S/PDIF or HDMI) to a receiver to decode DTS audio.
- DTS Premium Sound
- DTS Premium Sound decodes DTS-encoded content (ex: Blu-ray, streaming media) and unlocks all discrete channels of audio data within the content for an impressive and immersive surround sound experience from the built-in audio system.
- DTS Studio Sound
- DTS Studio Sound provides audio enhancement technology for TVs including SRS TheaterSound HD, which provides 3D sound without extra speakers. That means that the dual 10W down-firing, full-range speakers provide a surround sound experience.
- Eco Sensor
- The TV's Eco Sensor measures the intensity of the light in the room and automatically adjusts the brightness of the image on the TV, for more intelligent energy management.
- Universal Remote Control
- The included remote control has universal function and can therefore operate various types of devices such as a set-top box - minimizing the amount of remote controls necessary.
- Mega Dynamic Contrast Ratio
- Samsung's Mega Dynamic Contrast Ratio is measured by the difference in luminosity between brightest color (white) and darkest (black) over time. A higher ratio means more contrast.
- Game Mode is a mode that is designed for playing video games on the television
- Auto Power Off automatically powers down the TV to save energy if no signal is present
- Auto Volume Leveler caps volume on loud ads so they're more consistent with program volume
- This model features a built-in DTV tuner with Auto Channel Search that enables it to utilize Digital Television technology (ATSC/Clear QAM)
- Clock on/off timer and closed captioning