The black Fujifilm FinePix S6800 Digital Camera features a 16.2 megapixel 1/2.3" Back-Side-Illuminated CMOS sensor that is able to produce high quality imagery with notable low-light sensitivity. High speed performance is afforded throughout the system, enabling fast continuous shooting up to eight full resolution frames per second and an auto focusing speed of 0.3 second. Full HD 1080i video capabilities are also supported at a frame rate of 60fps.
A Fujinon 30x optical zoom lens is also built into the S6800's design, giving a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-720mm. This range can be effectively doubled through the use of Intelligent Digital Zoom, and a sensor-shift image stabilization system benefits shooting at such magnifications by reducing the appearance of camera shake.
Image composition and playback is possible on the rear 3.0" 460k-dot LCD monitor and a system of six automatic scene recognition modes (SR AUTO) helps to achieve optimized exposure settings for the situation in which you are photographing. For added convenience when using this camera, four AA batteries are used to provide power.
- Fujinon 30x Optical Zoom Lens
- A Fujinon 30x optical zoom lens is integrated into the FinePix S6800's design, giving a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-720mm. This lens has a maximum aperture of f/3.1-5.9 and benefits from sensor-shift type image stabilization to counter the effects of camera shake that become more apparent when working with longer focal lengths and in Super Macro mode. Aspherical and ED lens elements are incorporated into the lens construction to reduce aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range. For even greater reach, Intelligent Digital Zoom is available and can effectively double the zoom magnification to 60x.
- 16.2MP BSI CMOS Sensor and Full HD 1080i Video
The 16.2 megapixel 1/2.3" backside-illuminated CMOS sensor is able to deliver high resolution imagery with tremendous quality and notable low-light performance. High speed shooting capabilities up to eight full resolution frames per second are available as well as a fast 1.0 second startup time, 0.5 second shooting interval time, and a 0.3 second focusing time.
The sensor also lends itself to producing full HD videos up to 1920 x 1080i at 60fps in the H.264 format. Full 30x zoom, scene recognition mode, and still image capture capabilities are available during recording as well as the ability to record high speed movies up to 480fps. Video playback is possible on an HDTV directly from the camera through an HDMI connection.
- Other Camera Features
- A 3.0" 460k-dot LCD monitor provides a large, bright screen for live view monitoring, image review, and clear menu navigation.
- SR AUTO can automatically apply one of six scene modes (Portrait, Landscape, Night, Macro, Night Portrait, or Backlit Portrait) to your image to optimize camera settings to best expose for the type of scenario you are photographing in.
- The inclusion of a slide-lever zoom control, one-touch movie record button, and ergonomic camera grip give this camera an immense amount of efficiency through physical design.
- Manual exposure modes (P/A/S/M) are available to give you more creative control over the exposure settings.
- Scene Position modes are selectable modes that can be used to ensure the camera is correctly exposing for the type of subject matter you are photographing. Modes include: Pro Low-Light Mode, Natural Light & with Flash, Baby Mode, Sport, Fireworks, Beach, Text, HDR (Dynamic Range), Natural Light, Smile & Shoot, Night, Sunset, Party, Individual Shutter 3D, Zoom Bracketing, Portrait, Landscape, Night (Tripod), Snow, and Flower.
- Individual Shutter 3D captures two exposures of the same scene and saves them together in the MPO file format in order to produce an image that mimics a stereo image process.
- Motion Panorama 360 mode allows you to record expansive views up to 360° wide in a seamless, sweeping manner.
- Dynamic Range (HDR) uses multi frame technology to capture three consecutive images of the same scene (one over-exposed, one under-exposed, and one normally-exposed) and combines the three into a single image in order to garner more highlight and shadow detail than is possible with a single exposure.
- Instant Zoom utilizes subject tracking and allows you to view the area around your subject while composing, then, when the shutter button is released, the selected frame will be recorded at a 1.4x or 2.0x digital zoom magnification.
- Face Detection optimizes photographs of people by detecting and biasing exposure and focus settings faces present within the scene. Additionally, Face Tracking Auto Focus is available to maintain critical focus on moving subjects within the scene.
- Built-in social networking allows you to pre-tag and label images and video in-camera prior to offloading the imagery to your computer. Once tagged and delegated to the social platform of your choice, the images will be automatically uploaded once you connect the camera to your computer.