The indigo blue Fujifilm FinePix F900EXR Digital Camera features a 16 megapixel 1/2" EXR CMOS II sensor and an EXR Processor II image processor to provide high quality imagery and performance throughout the camera system. The combination of these two technologies enables a high sensitivity to ISO 12800, fast continuous shooting up to 11fps, and the integration of EXR Auto to automatically provide optimum shooting settings depending on the scene in which you are photographing. The image sensor also incorporates phase-detection pixels into its design to enable Intelligent Hybrid AF, which provides quick and accurate focusing capabilities through the use of both contrast- and phase-detection methods of acquiring focus. Phase-detection AF also benefits the Full HD 1920 x 1080p video capabilities by offering full-time continuous AF with face tracking while recording movies.
One of the more notable elements of the F900EXR is the long-reaching Fujinon 20x optical zoom lens, which gives a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 25-500mm. CMOS-shift type image stabilization benefits this lens by countering the effects of camera shake which can be especially apparent when working with longer focal length lenses. Aspherical and ED elements are incorporated into the lens construction to minimize chromatic aberration and the lens elements also feature a Super EBC (Electron Beam Coating) for reducing lens flare and ghosting.
Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables this camera to directly share imagery to an iOS or Android device for instant sharing to social networking and image hosting sites. When using the Fujifilm Camera app, you can browse the image contents of your camera and transfer up to 30 images at a time. The wireless abilities also allow you to backup your files to your home PC via the included Fujifilm PC AutoSave software.
Amongst other features available, Film Simulation makes use of Fujifilm's extensive history of producing films, and enables you to apply certain characteristics to your imagery to mimic the look of certain Fujifilm reversal films. Also available are eight different Advanced Filters to further enhance the aesthetic appearance of your photographs.
- 16MP 1/2" EXR CMOS II Sensor
- The 16 megapixel 1/2" EXR CMOS II sensor is able to deliver high resolution imagery with tremendous quality and notable low-light performance. When combined with the EXR Processor II, high speed shooting capabilities up to 9fps are available as well as fast 1.1 sec. startup and 0.5 sec. shooting interval times.
- Intelligent Hybrid AF
- Intelligent Hybrid AF is a quick, responsive autofocus system that employs both contrast- and phase-detection methods to acquire focus quickly in a wide variety of shooting situations. Clear focus can be attained in as little as 0.05 second to aid in catching fast-paced movement more easily.
- EXR Auto
The EXR Auto modes automatically select optimum camera settings to best suit the scenario in which you are photographing. One hundred and eight unique settings are able to be applied to images, and are determined through a system that analyzes subject motion, whether or not the subject is a person, and the type of setting in which the image is being taken. Advanced Anti Blur can also be applied to imagery, which will improve overall sharpness and definition by combining a series of short exposures into a single frame.
Additionally, three distinct sensor modes can also be applied depending on your intended results in regard to the shooting conditions. HR (High Resolution) mode focuses on resolving the greatest amount of detail within the scene for more vivid colors and image sharpness. DR (Dynamic Range) mode captures two images simultaneously and then combines them to render a final image with increased shadow and highlight detail. SN (High Sensitivity and Low Noise) mode makes use of the sensor and processor relationship to produce clear imagery with reduced noise in dimly-lit situations.
- Fujinon 20x Optical Zoom Lens
A 20x optical zoom lens is integrated into the F900EXR's design, giving a 35mm-equivalent zoom range of 25-500mm. This lens has a maximum aperture of f/3.5-5.3 and utilizes sensor-shift type image stabilization to counter the effects of camera shake that become more apparent when shooting at longer focal lengths. Aspherical and ED lens elements are incorporated into the lens construction to reduce the appearance of chromatic aberration and color fringing throughout the zoom range. Additionally, the lens elements feature Super EBC coatings to minimize lens flare and ghosting in difficult lighting situations.
Digital Zoom is available to effectively double the zoom range to an impressive 40x, providing the equivalent of a 1000mm lens. The EXR sensor also contributes to improving the image quality with Digital Zoom by minimizing the appearance of noise in flat areas and adding contrast and sharpening in edge areas to give more apparent image clarity.
- Full HD Movie Capabilities
- Full HD movie recording is possible up to 1920 x 1080p at 60fps to produce high quality, smoothly-depicted movement. Continuous phase-detection autofocus is available during recording, which can be further refined through the use of face-tracking AF to maintain sharp focus on the subject of your choice while filming. You can also take still photographs during recording and take high-speed movies with frame rates up to 480fps for slow motion playback. For greater control and quality over your sound with movies, an optional external stereo microphone is available and can be connected using the dedicated input. Movie playback is possible on an HDTV through an HDMI connection directly from the camera.
- Wireless Connectivity
- Wireless connectivity is built into the camera and allows for instant sharing of images directly to an Android or iOS mobile device. The Fujifilm Camera App allows you to browse the image contents of your camera from your mobile device and transfer up to 30 images at a time between devices. Wi-Fi connectivity also allows you to automatically backup your files to your home PC via the Fujifilm PC AutoSave software included with the camera.
- Film Simulation and Advanced Filters
Taking advantage of Fujifilm's vast history in traditional film-based photography, the F900EXR integrates several Film Simulation modes to mimic the look and feel of some Fujifilm's classic reversal film types: PROVIA offers natural-looking tones for everyday shooting, VELVIA produces a more dramatic and rich tonality with deeper color saturation, and ASTIA gives less contrast for a softer depiction of skin tones. Additionally, Black & White and Sepia modes are also available for a classic, monochromatic appearance.
Eight Advanced Filters are also integrated for further aesthetic enhancement of your photographs: Pop Color, Toy Camera, Miniature, High-Key, Low-Key, Partial Color (Red, Orange, Green, Blue, and Purple), Dynamic Tone, and Soft Focus.
- Other Camera Features
- A 3.0" 920k-dot LCD monitor provides a large, bright screen for live view monitoring, image review, and clear menu navigation.
- Three different auto bracketing modes are available: Dynamic Range, Film Simulation, and Auto Exposure.
- RAW and RAW+JPEG image formats are supported and SILKYPIX RAW conversion software is included with the camera for processing and viewing these file types on your computer.
- 4:3, 3:2, 16:9, and 1:1 aspect ratios are supported.
- Motion Panorama 360 mode allows you to record expansive views up to 360° wide in a seamless, sweeping manner.
- Multiple exposure mode gives you the ability to overlay subsequently-recorded images in-camera.
- Pro Focus Mode with Face Detection emulates the look of selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques by recording multiple images: the first being of the main subject, then subsequent images of the background. These images are then paired to realize a sharp, in-focus main subject with a soft, out of focus background.
- Pro Low-Light Mode automatically records four high sensitivity and low-noise exposures within a single frame to help reduce overall noise levels and heighten sensitivity.
- Face Detection optimizes photographs of people by detecting and biasing exposure and focus settings faces present within the scene. Additionally, Face Tracking Auto Focus is available to maintain critical focus on moving subjects within the scene.
- Built-in social networking allows you to pre-tag and label images and video in-camera prior to offloading the imagery to your computer. Once tagged and delegated to the social platform of your choice, the images will be automatically uploaded once you connect the camera to your computer.