The K55A-DH71 15.6" Notebook Computer from ASUS features an aluminum construction and is available in a mocha finish. It features a sleek, wedge-shaped design with a textured finish. This ASUS notebook also has a 15.6" HD widescreen LED-backlit display with a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. The screen also has a glossy finish for vibrant color.
The system is powered by a quad-core Ivy Bridge 2.4GHz Intel Core i7-3630QM processor. It also comes with 8GB of DDR3 RAM, a 750GB 5400rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a 2-in-1 media card reader, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in Altec Lansing stereo speakers.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- Quad-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core Performance
- This ASUS computer houses a quad-core Ivy Bridge 2.4GHz Intel Core i7-3630QM. It can also be overclocked up to 3.4GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated L3 cache and 8GB of DDR3 RAM, you'll be able to experience smooth and seamless multitasking
- 15.6" HD Widescreen LED-Backlit Display
- This ASUS computer has a 15.6" LED-backlit HD widescreen display. LED backlighting provides lower power consumption and longer panel lifetime than their CCFL counterparts. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a glossy finish. The display has a 1366 x 768 native resolution, supported by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000
- ASUS IceCool Technology
- ASUS IceCool Technology places heat-generating components away from the palm rest, ensuring a comfortable typing experience for users even after prolonged periods of use
- ASUS SonicMaster Lite Technology
- ASUS SonicMaster Lite gives this ASUS computer the ability to deliver more powerful sounds and richer bass to provide the best audio experience in the mainstream notebook class
- ASUS SuperBatt Technology
- ASUS SuperBatt Technology provides an extended battery charge-cycle lifespan that is up to 3x that of normal notebooks
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it