The VivoBook S500CA-DS51T 15.6" Notebook Computer from ASUS features a traditional notebook computer design, but has a touchscreen for added convenience. You'll be able to use your keyboard, mouse and now your fingers as you can tap directly on tiles instead of clicking on them.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.7GHz Intel Core i5-3317U processor. It also has 6GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 500GB 5400rpm hard drive with a 24GB solid state drive cache, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a Secure Digital media card reader, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5 Performance
- This ASUS VivoBook is powered by an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5-3317U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.7GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 2.6GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 4MB L3 cache, 6GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently
- 15.6" HD Capacitive Touchscreen
- The 15.6" HD widescreen LED-backlit display of this ASUS VivoBook supports capacitive touch capabilities. With the Windows 8 operating system, you'll be able to take full advantage of the 1366 x 768 native resolution by tapping on tiles, pinching to zoom and dragging icons using just your fingers. The visuals are handled by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Stay Connected
- For a fast wired Internet connection, you can use the 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 LAN jack. You can also use 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi to connect to the Internet wirelessly and stay mobile. Bluetooth 4.0 technology is also supported so you can connect to all your favorite peripherals, such as a wireless keyboard or mouse
- Hybrid Solid State Drive Cache
- With a 24GB hybrid solid state drive cache, this ASUS notebook will be able to deliver faster load times and responsiveness than your traditional hard drive
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- Seamless Integration Between Touch, Keyboard & Mouse
- Windows 8 supports notebook computers with highly responsive touchscreens. Now, you can use your keyboard, mouse or just your fingers. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. On touch-enabled computers, Windows 8 supports multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it