The silver Minox DCC 14.0 Digital Camera is a miniature point-and-shoot camera that exhibits a classical 1950s German engineered design and a 1:3 scaled-down form-factor. The camera features a 14 megapixel CMOS sensor and is able to record both high resolution still imagery and standard definition video. The Minoctar 7.4mm, f/2.4 lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 43mm, giving a normal angle of view for use in everyday shooting situations. This magnification can further be increased to telephoto perspectives through the use of 4x digital zoom.
Both a built-in 2.0" color LCD monitor and a removable accessory optical viewfinder can be used to compose imagery, while the LCD will additionally allow playback and review of imagery as well as display camera and exposure settings.
- Classic 1950s German design featuring a contemporary silver-colored body and a highly compact form-factor.
- 14MP CMOS sensor enables both high resolution still image and standard definition video recording.
- Minoctar 7.4mm, f/2.4 (43mm equivalent) lens has a fast maximum aperture to better-enable low-light photography, while the normal focal length is ideal for shooting in everyday situations. The lens features a five-element design with IR filter glass and has three fixed focusing positions: 1.64' / 0.5m, 3.3' / 1m, and infinity.
- A 2.0" rear LCD monitor allows image monitoring and review, while also displaying camera settings. A detachable optical viewfinder is also included for image composition.
- SD and SDHC memory cards are accepted up to 32GB capacity.