The CEREVO LiveShell PRO HD Wireless Video Streaming is a compact HDMI/Composite encoder and streamer that you can neatly keep camera-top via a 1/4" thread on the bottom center. This PRO version of LiveShell can stream up to a 720p resolution at 10 Mbps encoded in H.264, and audio in AAC-LC at 256 Kbps.
Whereas an encoder normally requires a receiver on the opposite end, LiveShell streams directly to live-stream websites, such as Ustream, Nico Nico Live, and YouTube Live, and it can also stream to your own website if the site supports RTMP urls. Some live-stream sites offer a recording option, so you'll be able to separately record the footage you're streaming.
A wireless USB LAN adapter is included and will enable you to stream wirelessly, and an Ethernet jack is available for wired streaming. A rechargeable lithium-ion battery is built-in and has a three-hour average run time. LiveShell is natively compatible with CEREVO's Dashboard web application, which will let you remotely control almost every function from a computer or Android or iOS device.
- HD Live with H.264
- Using the latest video and audio compression technologies, LiveShell PRO offers live broadcasting encoded in H.264 + AAC, with a resolution of 720p and a bitrate that can go up to 10 Mbps. H.264 profile can be set to 3 different types: high profile, main profile and baseline profile. With LiveShell PRO, your audience can be wider as broadcasting can be done on iOS devices and Android devices in addition to computers.
- Works with Computers and Smartphones
- Control LiveShell PRO remotely via its web application "Dashboard". With Dashboard, volume adjustments, captions display, video quality adjustments and more can be done on the fly without having to stop broadcasting. Since Dashboard is web based, it works not only with your computer but also with your Android or iOS devices too. Moreover, Dashboard requires no installations.
- Automatic Broadcasting Management
- By default, LiveShell automatically handles the frame rate and image quality being streamed. But if you want, you can manually manage these settings yourself.
- Change Video Ratio Live
- You can adjust video ratios to match those of a movie theater screen or a photograph.
- Live Captions
- Enable caption through you computer or smart phone via LiveShell PRO's Dashboard. Type up the captions and see them displayed live. You can adjust the size, color, background color, and position of the captions. You can also upload your own image and have it displayed instead of captions.
- Input and Output
- LiveShell PRO is compatible with HDMI-equipped or Composite-equipped cameras. For audio, LiveShell features one stereo mic input for computer condensed microphones, one line input terminal that can be used with a line level input, and one HDMI audio input for the camera's microphone.
- Built-In Mixer
- LiveShell's three audio inputs can be mixed before being broadcast. Simple audio mixes can be done without any additional devices.
- A/V Tests and Peak Meter
- Featuring A/V output, LiveShell PRO can be connected to a TV perform A/V tests right before broadcasting. If the TV is out of reach, you can perform them with the aid of the integrated LCD's Peak Meter.
- Streaming & Server Support
- LiveShell PRO supports streaming services such as Ustream, YouTube Live, Nico Nico Live, and Justin TV. When using Ustream, you can set the server-side's REC to ON or OFF through the help of "Dashboard". You can also stream live through you own server. In order to do so, make sure that your server supports RTMP broadcast. LiveShell also works on the latest FMS 4.5, Wowza 3.5 and Red51.0RC2 servers.
- Built-In Rechargeable 3-Hour Battery
- A rechargeable lithium-ion battery is built in and features a three-hour run time.
- You can set LiveShell PRO to start broadcasting when connected to an AC adapter. If the current gets lost due to, for example, a power outage, LiveShell will automatically resume broadcasting once the power is restored. If your internet connection gets lost for a short period of time, LiveShell will wait until the connection is reestablished in order to automatically resume the broadcasting.
- HMDI Lock
- LiveShell PRO supports a single screw HDMI Lock cable that can prevent your cable from accidentally unplugging itself during broadcasts.
- Button Lock
- To avoid unwanted operations, you can lock LiveShell's buttons to prevent them from functioning when pressed. The lock function can be turned ON/OFF manually and via Dashboad.