The Lumix DMC-GF6 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera with 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II Lens from Panasonic incorporates a new 16MP Live MOS sensor and a newly developed Venus Engine Image processor for sharp, high resolution, low-noise imaging with high-performance signal processing and start-up speed. Its multi-process noise reduction system and wide dynamic range are products of its improved image processor and enable clear, fine textured photos even when working in its 25600 extended ISO.
The DMC-GF6 mirrorless camera utilizes a Contrast Auto Focus system for accurate focusing and its Light Speed AF system with full time AF and tracking AF enables focusing on fast moving subjects. Newly integrated Low Light AF enables accurate focusing on your subject even in low-lit situations.
A 3.0" Touch Screen LCD enables Touch Focus, Touch AE (auto exposure) and shutter release with a simple tap on the monitor. The LCD is also tiltable to 180º for easy self portraits or other odd angle compositions. External light reflection is minimized because the touch panel is directly connected to the LCD without an air layer between them. Its 100% frame coverage provides color accuracy and high resolution.
The DMC-GF6 supports Full HD 1080 video recording and provides a one touch dedicated button to immediate start video mode. Both AVCHD and MP4 formats are offered depending on the level of quality you need, Built-in stereo audio recording is available in the AVCHD format as is P/A/S/M manual exposure control.
Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity allows you to instantly transfer images to your computer or to your smartphone and tablet for easy sharing. And with Near Field Communication (NFC) technology all you need to do to connect camera to smart device is to touch them together. With Panasonic's free Image App you can not only transfer images easily but use your device as the camera's remote control and viewfinder, utilize your DLNA-compliant HDTV for image playback and have instant image transfer from shutter release directly to your selected computer or device.
A camera for every level of shooter, the GF6 provides full manual exposure control but also offers Intelligent Auto Plus Mode to allow the camera to utilize its numerous assist functions when analyzing the scene you are shooting. A Scene Guide features 23 sample images to match to the scene you are shooting and have the camera adjust itself to the proper settings. In addition, many in-camera functions allow you to create stylistic images: panorama mode, stop-motion animation, self-shot or enhance your images with Creative Control filters or Clear Retouch.
The DMC-GF6 offers compatibility with the full range of Lumix Micro Four Thirds mount lenses and is bundled here with the Lumix G Vario 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II ASPH./MEGA O.I.S. lens. This lens has the 35mm focal length equivalency of 28-84mm and features optical image stabilization for blur-free imaging, even in low light. An inner focusing system driven by a stepping motor provides smooth and quiet auto focus and two aspherical lens elements enable extremely sharp imaging with minimal fringing and color distortion across the entire focal range
- 16MP Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine
- A 16MP Live MOS sensor and newly developed Venus Engine Image Processor offer clear, high resolution photo and video imaging with extremely low noise even at the extended ISO sensitivity of 25600. The advanced Intelligent D-range Control offers wide dynamic range while maintaining smooth gradation, thanks to the high-precision signal processing of the Venus Engine. Fast performance speeds, including 0.5 second start-up speed are provided as well.
- 3.0" Touch Screen Tilt LCD
- With the 3.0" Touch Screen LCD you can set focus, auto exposure points and release the shutter with just a tap on the monitor. Its 180º vertical tilt allows for easy self portraits in Self Shot mode and reflection is minimized for easier composition in bright light. 1,040k-dot resolution provides clear and color-accurate composition and playback.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC Technology
- With NFC (Near Field Communication) technology you can connect the camera with a smartphone or tablet by just bringing them together. The Wi-Fi setup is extremely easy and finishes within a few seconds. With the free Panasonic Image App you can use the built-in Wi-Fi to instantly transfer images to your computer or device, use your device as a viewfinder and remote control for the camera and display images on Wi-Fi enabled HDTV's.
- Full-HD Video Recording in AVCHD and MP4
- The DMC-GF6 records 1920 x 1080 Full HD videos with full-time AF and high quality stereo sound with Wind Cut option and adjustable levels in the AVCHD format. With a dedicated video record button on the top, you can instantly start recording videos while shooting photos without having to make extra setting adjustments. Videos can also be recorded in MP4 format for playback on a PC or other portable electronic devices without having to convert the files.
- Auto Focus System
- The LUMIX GF6 utilizes Contrast AF for its focus system. Compared with the Phase difference system AF, the Contrast AF boasts higher accuracy especially in shooting with wide aperture lenses. The DMC-GF6 also boasts Light Speed AF making it possible to capture fast-moving subjects clearly. Also, AF Tracking enables consecutive shooting to capture moving subjects in sharp focus and the newly integrated Low Light AF enables accurate focusing on the target subject even in low-lit situations. With Touch AF it is possible to set focus on any point in the frame by simply tapping that spot on the LCD monitor.
- Intelligent Auto Plus Mode and
- Intelligent Auto Plus Mode supports taking pictures with a variety of shooting-assist functions including AF Tracking, Intelligent D-range Control, Intelligent Scene Selector, Face Recognition and Intelligent ISO Control. The Intelligent Scene Selector integrates Food Recognition mode. The iA Plus mode lets users adjust defocusing area in the background, exposure compensation and white balance for more flexible control.
- Scene Guide
- The Scene Guide offers 23 sample pictures shot by professional photographers. Users can choose the one closest to the situation they are going to shoot and optimum adjustments for shooting the scene will be automatically set. Furthermore, shooting procedure, technical advice and recommended interchangeable lens for the scene can be shown for users to learn photography. It is available in still and video mode. Sample Pictures are: Clear Portrait, Silky Skin, Backlit Softness, Clear in Backlight, Relaxing Tone, Sweet Child's Face, Distinct Scenery, Bright Blue Sky, Romantic Sunset Glow, Vivid Sunset Glow, Glistening Water, Clear Nightscape, Cool Night Sky, Warm Glowing Nightscape, Artistic Nightscape, Glittering Illuminations, Clear Night Portrait, Soft Image of a Flower, Appetizing Food, Cute Dessert, Freeze Animal Motion, Clear Sports Shot, Monochrome.
- Creative Control
- The popular Creative Control mode is upgraded by increasing its filter options from 14 (in the DMC-GF5) to 19 (in the DMC-GF6) adding new Old Days, Sunshine, Bleach Bypass, Toy Pop, Fantasy in addition to the conventional Expressive, Retro, High Key, Sepia, High Dynamic, Soft Focus, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, One Point Color, Cross Process, Low Key, Toy Effect and Star Filter and Miniature Effect mode. The effect parameter of each mode is adjustable.
- Creative Panorama
- With the new Creative Panorama function, it is possible to shoot a horizontal/vertical panoramic image with seamless shots taken by overlaying the previous picture and to utilize a filter effect from Creative Control.
- Stop Motion Animation
- The Stop Motion Animation function enables producing a stop motion (stop frame) video in camera with the pictures that are sequentially shot while moving the object by degrees. This effect makes the object appear as if it is moving by itself.
- Clear Retouch
- Clear Retouch makes it is possible to erase unwanted objects or figures in an image by just tracing over them on monitor with a fingertip. They naturally disappear without destroying the image.
- Normal playback, 30-thumbnail display, 12-thumbnail display, Calendar display, Zoomed playback (Max. 16x), Slideshow (duration & effect is selectable), Playback Mode (Normal, Picture, Video, 3D Play, Category, Favorite), Location Logging, Clear Retouch, Title Edit, Text Stamp, Video Divide, Stop Motion Animation, Resize, Cropping, Rotate, Favorite, Print Set, Protect, Face Recognition Edit
- Included Software
- PHOTOfunSTUDIO 9.2 AE, SILKYPIX Developer Studio 3.1 SE, LoiLoScope (trial version), USB Driver
- Supported Languages
- English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Russian, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Dutch, Thai, Korean, Turkish, Portuguese, Arabic, Persian, Japanese, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Greek, Vietnamese. Check the website of Panasonic sales company in your country/region or ask customer support for details of the supported languages available on the products sold in your country/region.