The black LUMIX DMC-LF1 Digital Camera from Panasonic is a sleek, compact camera with a 12.1 High Sensitivity MOS 1/1.7" sensor and the LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMICRON 7.1x optical zoom lens. The sensor is large by compact camera standards and provides clear, high resolution images at both high and low ISO settings and rich tonal gradations with a wide dynamic range. Its Venus Engine image processor enables fast performance including 10 fps of continuous shooting at full resolution and fast Sonic Speed autofocus. The LF1 supports HD 1080i video capture in the AVCHD format with stereo audio recording and 30i capture in the MP4 format for simplified playback. A dedicated button immediately starts video recording even from stills mode.
The lens on the LF1 provides the 35mm focal equivalent of a 28-200mm lens which provides broad coverage from true wide-angle to telephoto. Its maximum aperture is f/2.0 which enables fast shutter speeds, effective low-light imaging and shallow depth of field focus. In addition, POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) suppresses the vibration from hand-shake for clear shots in low light and at long focal lengths.
Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity with Near Field Communication (NFC) allows for instant transfer of your images to a computer, smart phone or tablet. NFC lets you connect your smart phone to your camera by simply bringing them together. This significantly simplifies the process of image transfer. And with the free Panasonic Image App you are able to use your device as a remote control and monitor, upload directly to social media sites, playback wirelessly on compliant TV's and sync and store your images in the cloud.
For image composition and playback the LF1 features a 3.0" 920k-dot Intelligent LCD monitor with automatic brightness adjustment and also offers a built-in 0.2" Electronic Viewfinder with 200k-dot resolution and 100% field of view. Use either as your needs demand, the LCD for odd angles and large screen viewing or the EVF for stable control and to reduce the effects of glare.
A control ring built around the lens enables direct, intuitive adjustment of numerous settings including zoom and manual exposure control. Also, the LF1 provides a Level Gauge for proper image alignment and a composition guide to assist in the creation of pleasing images. Intelligent Auto allows the camera to adjust itself according to the scenes it reads utilizing each of the camera's assistive modes and Creative Control lets you add creative filter effects in standard still mode and in panorama mode.
- 12.1MP High Sensitivity MOS Sensor
- The DMC-LF1 integrates 1/1.7", 12.1MP High Sensitivity MOS Sensor which is larger in size than standard digital compact cameras. Thanks to the extensive light receiving area, low light capture is superior with excellent S / N ratio and wide dynamic range. The result is clear, high resolution images not only in high ISO sensitivity recording but also in low ISO setting reproducing rich tonal gradation with a wide dynamic range.
- LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMICRON 7.1x Optical Zoom Lens
- The DMC-LF1 is equipped with newly developed 28mm wide angle LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMICRON 7.1x optical zoom lens with the 35mm equivalent of 28-200mm. This lens features a maximum aperture of f/2.0 which allows using higher shutter speeds to capture sharp, blur-free images in lower lighting situations as well as providing shallow depth of field focus.
- 3.0" 920k-dot LCD
- The 3.0", 920,000-dot Intelligent LCD with high resolution and a wide viewing angle features automatic brightness adjustment in 7 steps as the surrounding brightness level changes, ensuring easy visibility at all times. The big screen with Anti-Reflective coating displays fine details, making it easy to check focus before shooting.
- Built-in 0.2" Electronic Viewfinder
- The DMC-LF1 comes with 0.2" EVF (Electronic Viewfinder) with 200k-dot resolution and a 100% field of view. It assures stable framing and high visibility of live view images even under strong sunlight.
- 1080i HD Video Recording in AVCHD and MP4
- The DMC-LF1 records HD 1080i video at 60 fps with full-time AF and high quality stereo sound in the AVCHD format which excels in both compression efficiency and compatibility with AV equipment for playback. With a dedicated video record button on the back, users can instantly start recording videos while shooting photos without having to make any extra setting adjustments. Videos can also be recorded in HD 720p and in MP4 format for playback on a PC or other portable electronic devices without having to convert the files. Zoom function is supported during video recording.
- Built-in Stereo Microphone
- Video recording also comes with the high-quality stereo sound of Dolby Digital. The stereo microphone comes with a zoom noise reduction system, and the Auto Wind Cut function blocks out most of the noise from background wind.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC
- With NFC (Near Field Communication) technology, you can connect the camera with a smartphone or tablet by just bringing them together. The Wi-Fi setup is extremely easy and finishes within a few seconds, making it possible to pair the camera directly to the device without connection procedure of information input for authorization. With Wi-Fi connectivity you can instantly transfer images to your smartphone the free Panasonic Image App lets you perform multiple wireless tasks, including remote shooting and viewing from your smartphone, direct sharing to social media sites, geotagging, real time broadcasting and Cloud Sync storage of images across compliant devices.
- POWER O.I.S. with Active Mode
- The POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) suppresses the low-frequency vibration created by hand-shake, which is physically generated when pressing the shutter button or when shooting at night with a slow shutter speed. The O.I.S. also works for powerful zoom shots, which are especially susceptible to hand-shake. Plus, the Active Mode is effective for video recording.
- Wide ISO Range and Extended ISO
- The combination of the MOS Sensor and the Venus Engine achieves ISO 6400 (Auto) and maximum of ISO 12800 in Extended Mode. Images shot in low-lit situations are clear with sharp resolution and minimal noise.
- Control Ring
- Manual control is easy to try thanks to the Control Ring, which enables direct, intuitive control over frequently-used settings - zooming, aperture, shutter speed, ISO sensitivity and the filters of Creative Control and Creative Panorama.
- Built-in Flash
- The built-in flash provides numerous modes including Auto, Auto / Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync. / Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off and Digital Red-eye Correction.
- Composition Guide
- To assist learning photography, Composition Guide is available in the DMC-LF1. It is easy to shoot a photo in good composition by just choosing the most suitable pattern of composition from Rule of Thirds Offset, Diagonal Lines, Tunnel, Radiation 1, Radiation 2 and S-shape; and framing the subjects along the guided lines.
- Intelligent Auto Mode and iA Plus Mode
- iA (Intelligent Auto) mode allows taking beautiful pictures with a variety of assist functions including AF Tracking, Intelligent Scene Selector, Face Recognition and Intelligent ISO Control. The iA Plus mode lets you adjust defocusing area in the background, exposure compensation and white balance for more flexible control.
- Creative Control and Creative Panorama
- The Creative Control mode allows you to enhance images prior to shooting and includes 15 filter options. With the new Creative Panorama function, it is possible to shoot a horizontal or vertical panoramic image and adjust it by using 12 filter effects of Creative Control. The Creative Control Filters in Still mode are Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Star Filter, and One Point Color.
- Creative Retouch
- Creative Retouch makes it possible add the filters of Creative Control after the image has been shot.
- Playback Modes
- All, Slideshow, Filtering Play (Picture Only, Video Only, 3D Play, Category Selection, Select Date, Favorite), Calendar
- Languages Supported
- English and Spanish