The SC:GH3 Cage for Panasonic Lumix GH3 from Swedish Chameleon is a semi-cage that doesn't block the camera's handgrip, controls, LCD, battery door, or memory card door. It leaves enough space above the top controls for them to freely be operated and for the pop up flash to fully be opened. The semi design also limits the weight and volume the cage adds to the camera.
The top plate features 1/4" and 3/8" threads and three cold shoe mounts, and the NATO style side rail provides multiple 1/4" and 3/8" threads. You can attach an optional SC:RAIL TO ROD CLAMP to the side rail and mount a 15mm rod for a follow-focus or other accessories, and you can also use the rail as a handle.
The bottom plate has both 1/4" and 3/8" threads underneath for attaching onto tripods and quick release plates, and it's designed to support the attachment of all large lenses. The plate has anti-skid rubber pads on top to prevent the camera from twisting and on the bottom to keep the cage from sliding. If you want to mount an LCDVF loupe, you can attach an optional SC:GH3 CAGE LCDVF FRAME to the bottom plate and then securely attach the viewfinder. The cage is made CNC-machined aluminum and weighs only 0.47 lb.
- Solid, Lightweight Semi-Cage
- Leaves handgrip, controls, LCD, etc. free for use
- Allows the pop up flash to fully be opened for shooting stills
- 1/4" and 3/8" threads on top and the side
- Three cold shoe mounts
- 1/4" and 3/8" threads for mounting tripods and quick-release adapters
- The bottom plate features anti-skid rubbers on the top and bottom
- Supports optional SC:RAIL TO ROD CLAMP for 15mm rods
- Supports optional SC:GH3 CAGE LCDVF FRAME for LCDVF loupes