The Audio-Technica AT8015 (AT815B) is a wide-range condenser microphone with a line + gradient polar pattern specifically designed to provide the narrow acceptance angle desirable for long distance sound pickup. It was created for use in professional recording, broadcasting, film/ TV/video production, high-quality sound reinforcement and other demanding applications requiring excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear.
Audio Technica engineers have utilized the newest low-mass condenser technology in the quest for superior performance. The permanent charge is now on the fixed back plate, rather than on the moving element. With the fixed-charge "back plate" construction, a gold-vaporized diaphragm just 4 microns thick (about 0.00016") can be used. This reduces moving mass, improving frequency response and transient response while reducing distortion.
- Designed for professional recording, broadcasting and film/TV/video production
- Provides the narrow acceptance angle desirable for long-distance sound pickup
- Excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of mic
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Operates on battery or phantom power