The 3 TB Elements External Desktop Hard Disk Drive from Western Digital is an external hard drive designed to fit easily onto your desktop. Simply plug this drive into a compatible USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port and begin transferring data at speeds up to 5 Gb/s when using the integrated USB 3.0 connection option.
This external hard drive comes preformatted to work with computers running Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and can be reformatted to work with computers running Mac OS X. You also benefit from a free trial of WD SmartWare providing integrated cloud backup of your data via Dropbox.
- Transfer Files Faster
When connected to a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port, WD Elements lets you access and save files faster. Transfer a 2-hour HD movie in just 3 minutes instead of 13 minutes.
Performance may vary based on user's hardware and system configuration.
- USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 Compatibility
- With this single drive you get compatibility with both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 devices.
- Free Trial of WD SmartWare Pro Backup Software
WD Elements desktop storage comes with a trial version of WD SmartWare Pro backup software. This backup software allows you to back up your files to your WD Elements drive or to the cloud using your Dropbox account.
Dropbox account required for cloud backup. Cloud services may be charged, terminated or interrupted at any time and may vary by country.
- Sleek Drive, Enhanced Storage Capacity
- The sleek design offers a 3 TB storage capacity making this drive a viable solution for easy, add-on storage for nearly all of your important photos, music, videos and more.
- Improve PC Performance
- Free up space on your internal hard drive by transferring your files to your WD Elements desktop storage.
- WD Quality Inside and Out
- This drive has been tested for enhanced durability as it has undergone shock tolerance for long-term reliability. Additionally, this drive comes inside a durable enclosure designed for style and protection.
- Plug-and-Play Simplicity
Formatted to work right out of the box with a Windows based PC. Just connect the power and plug the drive into the USB port on the computer to instantly add more storage.
Reformat required for use with Mac OS X