The VivoBook X202E-DB21T 11.6" Multi-Touch Notebook Computer from ASUS features a traditional notebook computer design, but has a capacitive touchscreen for added convenience. You'll be able to use your keyboard, mouse and now your fingers as you can tap directly on tiles instead of clicking on them.
The system is powered by a dual-core 1.8GHz Intel Pentium 2117U processor. It also has 4GB of onboard 1333MHz DDR3 RAM, a 500GB 5400rpm hard drive, a multi-format media card reader, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
ASUS VivoBook X202E
- Dual-Core Intel Pentium 2117U Performance
- The ASUS VivoBook X202E houses an Intel Pentium 2117U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.8GHz. With a dedicated 2MB L3 cache and 4GB of 1333MHz DDR3 RAM, you'll be able to experience reliable performance
- 11.6" HD Capacitive Touchscreen
- The 11.6" HD widescreen LED-backlit display of this ASUS VivoBook supports capacitive touch capabilities. With the Windows 8 operating system, you'll be able to take full advantage of the 1366 x 768 native resolution by tapping on tiles, pinching to zoom and dragging icons using just your fingers. The visuals are handled by integrated Intel HD Graphics
- Stay Connected
- You'll be able to connect to the Internet wirelessly with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi support. The ASUS VivoBook X202E allows you to connect to a public or private wireless network
- USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 can reach data transfer speeds of up to 5Gbps, which is 10 times faster than USB 2.0. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 so you'll still be able to use your older USB-compliant devices
- ASUS WebStorage
- ASUS WebStorage means your personal stuff is always with you on any internet-connected device. Keep files in sync automatically so you can share photos and video online with family and friends or stream music and movies wirelessly. The VivoBook comes with 32GB of WebStorage for 3 years and you can add more at any time
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a redesigned Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- Seamless Integration Between Touch, Keyboard & Mouse
- Windows 8 supports notebook computers with capacitive touchscreens. Now, you can use your keyboard, mouse or just your fingers. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. On touch-enabled computers, Windows 8 supports multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, you'll be able to bring all your personalized Start screen with you by signing into your Microsoft account. When signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your own Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to your services as well, such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it