The Magnetic Ringflash Adapter from Roundflash is a portable, collapsible ring light that attaches to the lens of your DSLR with an external flash attached and provides a bright, evenly diffused light that is effective for portraits and for macro shooting. Due to its large diameter and internal mirrored construction, RoundFlash provides soft and flattering lighting without hotspots, heavy shadows or dark areas on the front surface. The diffuser works with your speedlight to provide the light output you desire. It is ideal for portrait work because of the diffused light it supplies but also works well for macro shooting due to its placement on the lens.
The RoundFlash fits most DSLRs with external flash units and easily attaches to the lens via a set of pentagonal shaped stretch cords and fixes securely to the flash unit with a touch fastener. The diameter of its internal hole is 4.3", so it is compatible with any lens with a diameter smaller than 4.0" (10 cm). It is designed to work with standard length and telephoto lenses and can work with wide-angle lenses, however some vignetting may occur depending on the lens. The RoundFlash diffuser opens easily and is supported in its open position by five foldable magnetic sticks. It collapses and folds down to fit into an included 6.3 x 7.9" pouch.
- Bright, Consistent Lighting
- The large diameter allows you to light objects with a big, round, smooth ring light. The light from a powerful hot-shoe flash bounces off the mirrors and surfaces inside to create an evenly lit front panel.
- No Additional Power Supply or Equipment
- All you need is the gear you already have. Use your powerful speedlight as a ring flash without any cables, brackets, or even a power supply.
- Lightweight and Portable
- At just 11 oz (299 g) and without a power supply, the RoundFlash is lightweight and does not put strain on your flash or lens. It folds down to fit inside the included 6.3 x 7.9" carry pouch with draw string.
- Magnetic Set-up System
- The brand new patent pending magnetic set-up system enables you to set-up and break-down the RoundFlash in a few seconds.
- Fits Most Flashes
- The universal attachment holds the flash securely in the right position in both landscape and portrait orientations. RoundFlash fits all body+lens+flash combinations within the range of 5.3" (13cm) and 8.3" (21cm) measured from the lens' axis to the flash head opening.
- Fits Most Lenses
- A star-shaped stretchy rope ensures your RoundFlash is centered and allows you to adjust it if needed. Once it's mounted, it holds all lenses with the front diameter of up to 4" (100mm). It is designed to work best with standard length and telephoto lenses although can work with wide-angle lenses depending on their size. With smaller lenses, a lens hood or a step-up ring can be helpful in keeping RoundFlash in place, however some vignetting may occur with certain wide-angle lenses.