The Dual Display USB 3.0 Docking Station from Xcellon is designed to give you access to all of the connectivity that many Ultrabooks, notebooks, and other compact, super-portable computers lack. It connects to the host computer via a single USB 3.0 cable, and provides ports for two monitors, six USB devices, as well as an audio in and out and an Ethernet port.
The docking station features a built-in USB hub with a total of four USB 2.0 ports on the back and two USB 3.0 ports on the front. These allow you to connect multiple peripherals to your computer at once. External devices you might want to connect include hard drives, memory card readers, flash drives, digital cameras and camcorders, keyboards and mice, and printers. Of the two front panel USB ports, one can also supply 5V bus power to recharge or power a tablet, smartphone, camera, or other device that accepts USB power. This charging feature remains active as long as the docking station is plugged into the wall, regardless of whether it is connected to a computer or not.
An integrated video card allows the docking station to drive two monitors at up to 2048 x 1152 resolution each. The video card provides two outputs: an HDMI output to make it easy to connect HDTVs and many newer computer monitors without needing any adapters, and a DVI-I port for most other computer monitors and projectors that don't have HDMI. Finally, a supplied DVI to VGA adapter allows you to connect older projectors and computer monitors that only accept an analog signal.
A 3.5mm combo jack on the front of the docking station serves as both a microphone input as well as an audio output. Through it you can connect speakers, headphones, microphones, or even headsets. In case your tablet or computer lacks wired networking capability, a Gigabit Ethernet port is provided for those situations where Wi-Fi is either unavailable or insecure, such as in a corporate or institutional setting.
- Connects to host computer or tablet via single USB 3.0 connection
- A total of six USB ports for peripherals; one port supplies power for USB charging
- Integrated video card with HDMI and DVI-I: drives two displays at up to 2048 x 1152 resolution
- 3.5mm combo jack for microphones, headphones, speakers, and headsets
- Approximately 0.5 W power consumption while hibernating in "Suspended Mode"
- Gigabit Ethernet port adds wired networking capability
- Removable stand enables vertical or horizontal orientation