The legendary Neumann U87, known for its warm, rich sound and precision engineering, is perhaps the world's most widely used large diaphragm condenser studio microphone. And, when making a professional studio investment, considered the piece to buy.
- Three Polar Patterns
- The U 87 AI features three switchable polar patterns. Omni-directional, cardioid, and figure eight patterns provide the flexibility needed in any recording scenario.
- 10dB Pad Switch
- 10dB attenuation switch enables the microphone to handle sound pressure levels up to 127dB.
- Low Cut Roll-Off Switch
- A low cut roll off switch eliminates hum, rumble and low frequency noise.
- Advanced Output Circuitry
- Although the microphone features the original capsule, the U 87 AI features improved output electronics that provide higher sensitivity and improved signal-to-noise ratio.