Ideal for solo instruments, ensemble, and spot miking, the compact Neumann KM 184 MT Microphone is a small-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone that offers premium Neumann sound that's both open and musical.
The KM 184 MT features a non-reflective nickel finish. All the KM 180 series microphones feature an output stage based on the KM 100. Transformerless circuitry and balanced output result in high output gain with a very low noise floor and no coloration to the output signal.
The KM 184 is powered via +48 Volt phantom power. Its 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response provide flexibility for use in a wide range of recording situations. The KM 184's cardioid polar pattern provides a targeted pick up area and handles sound pressure levels up to 138dB, allowing fairly close miking of instruments.
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The cardioid polar pattern effectively isolates signal source.
- KM 100 Based Output Stage
- The KM 184 MT features the same output stage electronics as the KM 100. Transformer-less circuitry and quiet balanced output design ensure a clean, high-gain output signal without any coloration. The KM 184 is powered via +48 Volt phantom power, and its 20-20kHz frequency response provides flexibility for use in a wide range of recording situations. The KM 184 can handle sound pressure levels up to 138dB, allowing fairly close miking of instruments.
- Compact Rugged Construction
- The slim design and rugged construction allow easy microphone placement while remaining road-worthy.
- Black Matt Finish
- The black matt finish makes the microphone less conspicuous, thus making it a suitable microphone for television broadcast.