This is the Elinchrom Ranger RX-Speed AS 1100 watt/second battery operated To-Go Kit. The "RX" signifies the ability to be fired by a remote control handset, or computer. The power range selection is 7 f-stops. Lower the power to 8.5 w/s, and switch to slow recycle and up to 3800 exposures can be made before recharging is needed.
Included in this kit is the Varistar 33" Umbrella-Softbox. It is easy to assemble and lightweight, and offers wide, even and soft illumination. It is suited for portraits and shots of 1 - 2 people. Add a light stand of your choice to complete this kit.
Elinchrom Ranger has flash durations as short as 1/4310 sec. (with 2 "A" heads attached), ideal for sports, fashion, and theatre photography. Controls on the pack permit changing the output in 0.1 stop increments in an easy-to-read digital display.
This is a 1 head, Speed AS kit which includes a Freelite "S" flash head, and a Speed AS power pack, which allows asymmetrical power distribution of the power to the two head outlets.
Please note: Product specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Varistar Kit
- The Varistar umbrella and reflector is a multi-purpose light source...wide angle, even and soft. The kit includes the 26164 wide-angle reflector and 26381 umbrella/softbox. The 41" Varistar is ideal for industrial, portrait and groups. It's easy to assemble and lightweight.
- Compact Design
- Easily transportable, fits easily into many location cases.
- Special sealed controls and capped flashhead connectors, sealed bottom, battery drawer access from side of unit.
- 7 F-Stop Range
- 8.5 - 1100 w/s, digitally controlled in 0.1 stop increments.
- Fast Recycle Time
- 2.9 seconds to full power for approximately 140 flashes.
- Recycle Indication
- 2 LED's and an Audible Switchable Beep signify flash is ready to fire.
- Fast Recharging
- The multi-voltage charger can charge a battery in 3 hours to full power, inside the unit, or externally.
- Conserves Battery Power
Automatically switches off 5 minutes after the last operation.
LED's indicate remaining battery power.
- Built in Slave
- The photo cell is adapted to trigger in bright ambient light.
- Auto Dump
- Allows access to lower power selections without the need to manually dump a higher power first.
- Retains all previous settings since last use.
- An adapter cable (11095) is available to use existing Elinchrom heads with the Ranger pack.