The Gossen DIGISKY Flash and Ambient Light Meter is a lightweight and ambient light exposure with a large graphic TFT LCD display which allows easy one-handed flash and ambient readings, as well as a multitude of convenience functions.
Among the many capabilities of the DIGISKY are luminance, illuminance readings and contrast analysis. Not only does the meter read flash, but it will indicate the percentage of flash versus ambient light making it ideal for fill-flash use.
The DIGISKY is also the perfect cine meter for DPs and cinematographers. Provision is made for ISO, EV steps, cine speeds, sector angles and photometry as well as filter values. A quick turn of the diffuser ring allows you to change between reflected light and incident light measurement. And you can customize the functions is for individual or multiple users. One movie and up to three user selectable profiles are possible.
Obsolescence is simply not an option with the DIGISKY. A USB interface is built in for future meter updates. The meter features multiple triggering options for photographers. Besides cord and cordless readings, the RF mode can trigger up to 4 flash groups on 8 different radio frequencies allowing multiple flash setups in the same studio.
The DIGISKY comes with a built-in rechargeable battery, charger, carrying bag, strap Software CD and instructions.
- Ultra-compact and Lightweight
- The DIGISKY is ultra-compact. Although it weighs just 3.5 oz (100) including the Lithium-ion rechargeable battery, the DIGISKY is no lightweight when it comes to features and specifications.
- TFT Color Graphic Display
- The clear, bright 2.2" screen provides an instant, easy-to-read display in any mode, whatever the ambient conditions. The display standby time is user variable via the quick and easy menu.
- Software Download
- Gossen offers free software upgrades on their website, ready for quick and easy download, ensuring that your DIGISKY constantly benefits from the latest developments. What's more, the DIGISKY's built-in battery will continue to charge while the meter is connected to your computer.
- Re-designed Control Interface
- The large controller ring and selector button make for simple, quick one-handed operation. State-of-the-art microprocessor technology in the DIGISKY allows easy navigation of all functions, providing a highly intuitive operating system.
- Individually Configurable
- The DIGISKY can be easily adapted to each user's requirements using one of the built-in profiles (one for movie and three for camera use) which can be individually selected and programmed with ISO, EV-steps (meter value resolution), RF triggers and filter values.
- The Perfect Cine Meter for Movie Makers and Cinematographers
- The DIGISKY offers a movie function for the setting of ISO, EV steps, cine speeds, sector angles, photometry and filter values. These measured values appear in both analog and digital display formats, meaning even the smallest deviations can easily be identified.
- Trigger Your Studio Lighting Effortlessly
- In addition to manually capturing flash exposure data, the DIGISKY can also trigger your flash equipment/studio lighting either by cable or by radio frequency. In the RF mode, up to 4 flash groups can be selected and triggered on 8 different radio frequencies, allowing the simultaneous use of different lighting sets in the same location.
- Easily Switches Between Light Measurement Methods
- A simple turn of the diffuser ring changes between reflected light and incident light measurement. The flat diffuser has been designed for photometric measurements.
- Measures and Evaluates Subject Contrast
- The DIGISKY measures the contrast of a subject as well as the illuminance. The average value can be constantly shown in the display and, by key data. Minimum, average and maximum values can be accessed, making the meter ideal for HDR photography.