Compact, Speedy, and Versatile
24.3MP APS-C Exmor Sensor and BIONZ X Processor
Full HD Video Recording
Complementing the video capabilities of the a6000, a built-in stereo microphone is incorporated into the design and records audio in the Linear PCM 2-channel format for XAVC S movies, the AC-3 Dolby Digital format for AVCHD movies, and the MPEG-4 AAC-LC format for web-quality MP4 videos.
Fast Hybrid AF System
For further refinement, a series of distinct AF modes can be selected from depending on the subject:
- Eye AF is a detail-oriented focusing function that can prioritize a subject's pupil and dedicate focusing performance on that for sharply-rendered portraits
- Lock-on AF is a dedicated focusing method for use with moving subjects and adjusts the target frame size as the subject moves throughout the image frame
- AF area settings allow you to prioritize specific regions within the frame for increased accuracy
- AF-A (Automatic AF), AF-S (Single-shot AF), AF-C (Continuous AF), DMF (Direct Manual Focus), and Manual Focus modes can also be chosen
Body Design and Connectivity
- Tru-Finder 0.39" 1.44m-dot OLED EVF features a refined optical system that integrates four double-sided aspherical elements to provide 100% frame coverage and a wide 33° viewing angle for clear edge-to-edge viewing.
- Rear 3.0" 921k-dot Xtra Fine monitor features a tilting design that move upward 90° or downward 45° to benefit working from high and low angles.
- Customizable user interface includes an Fn function button and seven other buttons that can be adjusted depending upon user preferences and assigned to one of 47 different functions.
- Built-in pop-up flash, featuring a guide number of 19.7' at ISO 100, is available for working in difficult lighting conditions and a Multi Interface Shoe is also available for attaching additional on-camera accessories, such as flashes, video lights, and microphones.
- Single memory card slot is compatible with UHS-I SD memory cards as well as Memory Stick PRO Duo-type cards.
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables the a6000 to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites.
- NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices; no complex set-up is required. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and remotely control the camera's shutter.