Simplify the recording process and attain the audio performance of a large-format console in a compact and elegant desktop package with the Audient iD4, a high-performance 2x2 USB audio interface designed by respected experts for musicians, producers, voiceover artists, and more.
The iD4 boasts a single Class-A mic preamp of the same design found in Audient's world-class consoles, ensuring gold-star treatment for your dynamic or phantom-powered condenser microphones. A harmonically rich JFET 1/4" instrument input is also provided, so you can plug your guitar or bass directly into the interface and get the character of valve amplifiers.
Outfitted with 24-bit / 96 kHz AKM AD/DA converters, the iD4 delivers premium accuracy while remaining natural and musical, devoid of problems caused by distortion and unstable clocking. Zero-latency monitoring is made possible through the adjustable monitor mix, which features a simple knob to set the balance of the live input signal and the output from your DAW.
With stereo 1/4" monitor outputs, two Class-AB headphone outputs (3.5mm and 1/4"), and comprehensive console-style monitor control, the iD4 interface lets you listen to your content in high quality, smoothly adjust your levels, and access dim, cut, and more. Plus, there's the revolutionary ScrollControl, a function that can be used to control anything over which your mouse pointer hovers.
DAW software, virtual instruments, samples, cabinet simulation, and more are included to get you started on your path toward achieving polished productions. The iD4 can be powered via USB from your Mac/Windows computer, no external power supply needed. For operation with an iOS mobile device such as an iPad or iPhone, all you need is an Apple Camera Adapter Kit and a powered USB hub (both available separately) and you're ready to start recording anywhere.
Class-A Microphone Preamp
With balanced 1/4" stereo speaker outputs and dual Class-AB headphone outputs (3.5mm and 1/4"), you can enjoy clear and convenient monitoring through your favorite headphones and active monitors. You can even connect two sets of headphones for jamming with a friend.
When not using the virtual scroll wheel, the iD button can be assigned to control the unit's monitoring features such as dim, polarity reverse, mono sum, talkback, and more.
Console-Style Monitor Controller
Mac, Windows, and iOS Compatibility
- Steinberg Cubase LE and Cubasis LE 2: Turn your Mac/Windows computer or iPad into an easy-to-use music studio with all the basic tools for recording, editing, and mixing everything from the initial musical idea to the final track.
- Steinberg Retrologue 2: This virtual instrument emulates the warmth and fatness of classic analog synthesizers, producing a wealth of sounds that will inspire you time and again.
- Waldorf Edition 2 LE: Software emulations of three classic Waldorf products, including the legendary synth PPG Wave 2, drum module Attack, and filter D-pole.
- Two Notes Torpedo Wall of Sound: A speaker and miking simulation plug-in with eight carefully selected cab emulations, including emulations of MesaBoogie, Fender, and Ampeg.
- GForce M-Tron Pro LE: An industry-standard emulation of the classic Mellotron tape playback keyboard.
- The Sample Boutique from Loopmasters: Over 2GB of drum loops, synth loops, vocal loops, and more.
- Produce Like a Pro: Three free online courses full of valuable insight and techniques.
- Subitopiano: Get 20 minutes of time (at no extra cost) recording your MIDI tracks on a real grand piano through a specifically designed and fully automated studio, all over the web.