The white Bose Professional FreeSpace DS 16F is a flush-mount passive loudspeaker designed as the entry-level model to the FreeSpace DS series. It features a single 2.25" full-range driver and a 140° conical coverage pattern for intelligible reproduction of music and speech in retail stores, restaurants, resorts, and more.
It handles up to 16W continuous (64W peak) and is capable of producing a maximum peak SPL of 102 dB. The DS 16F utilizes an integrated multi-tap transformer, which can be configured for an array of 70V/100V settings via a convenient thumbwheel beneath the grille.
The DS 16F is voiced to ensure consistent tonality throughout the FreeSpace DS family, so it can be installed alongside DS 40 and DS 100 loudspeakers without compromising the system's sonic signature. Installation options (available separately) include ceiling-mount brackets, adjustable tile bridges, pendant-mount kits, and square grilles.
- Ideal for use in retail stores, restaurants, concourse, transportation facilities, resorts, hospitality venues, and houses of worship
- Full-range loudspeaker with a single 2.25" driver in a ported enclosure
- Delivers a 140° conical coverage pattern and clear, intelligible music and speech reproduction for flush-ceiling or pendant-mount applications
- Frequency range (-10 dB) down to 80 Hz
- Maximum SPL of 96 dB (continuous) / 102 dB (peak)
- Integrated multi-tap transformer with innovative thumb wheel adjustment for easy-to-change tap setting from underneath the loudspeaker grille
- Shared voicing across entire FreeSpace DS product family enables DS 16, DS 40, and DS 100 loudspeakers to be integrated on the same system and maintain consistent tonal quality
- Can be combined with surface- or flush-mount FreeSpace 3 Acoustimass module (available separately) for extended bass response
- Supported by a suite of optional accessories—ceiling-mount bracket, adjustable tile bridge, pendant-mount kit, and square grille