The Roadie Hybrid Roller 21 from Tenba is a rolling camera case that is designed to be stylish, meet the carry-on requirements for most international as well as US airlines, and includes an integrated harness that allows it to be worn as a backpack. Crafted using a thoughtful design and minimal branding, the Roadie Hybrid Roller 21 features a distinctive appearance without drawing unwanted attention to the equipment inside.
A large, main compartment with adjustable dividers can hold a complete kit for many photographers, while the interior of the main compartment lid features four, clear mesh panels for easy identification of their contents. The Roadie Hybrid Roller 21 can fit two, gripped DSLR camera bodies with a 400mm f/2.8 lens or eight to ten smaller lenses, along with flashes and accessories.
Together with the adjustable dividers, a removable insert is provided that can also help partition equipment inside the Roadie Hybrid Roller 21. Upon reaching one's destination, the insert is transferable to a separate shoulder bag or backpack to further cushion a camera, plus two to three lenses for on-the-go use. When used with a separately-available Tenba Tools Packlite Travel Bag for BYOB 10, the removable insert installs with a precise fit.
On the rear of the Roadie Hybrid Roller 21 is a zippered compartment that contains its integrated, backpack harness. When encountering rough or especially uneven surfaces, as well as long flights of stairs, the backpack harness can be quickly deployed for easier travel. The backpack harness is also useful when simultaneously traveling with other bags that need to be moved or carried by hand. Additionally, an integrated add-a-bag strap consolidates other luggage along the front of the Roadie Hybrid Roller 21 for easy transport of multiple carry-ons through airports, hotels, or parking lots.
Aside from being able to comfortably hold photo gear, the case's zippered front pocket organizer provides storage for pens, business cards, passports, airplane tickets, as well as small electronics, and features a padded sleeve with an interior divider for most 17" laptops. The laptop sleeve is positioned so that its contents can be readily accessed, whether for faster processing through airport security or to maximize work-related productivity during travel. Four handles are included for flexibility while transporting or moving the case, a two-stage telescoping top handle, a leather-trimmed non-telescoping top handle, a side handle, and a bottom handle that makes it easier to pick up and place the case into airplane overhead bins or into car trunks.
For peace-of-mind in crowded settings, a built-in TSA-approved combination lock secures the main compartment zipper. To chain the case to an immovable object such as a pole, an integrated, braided-steel side cable is included along with an additional TSA-approved combination lock.
A honeycomb internal frame with nylon construction throughout provides the bag with a high degree of weather resistance and overall durability, which is further complemented by wheel housings that help protect the reinforced corners of the case from impacts to escalators and curbs. A rain cover is included for even more protection from the elements should the need arise, and if they wear out over time, the wheels, wheel housings, foot stands, and telescoping top handle are user-replaceable.
- Fits two, gripped DSLR camera bodies with a 400mm f/2.8 lens or eight to ten smaller lenses, along with flashes and accessories
- Converts to backpack with integrated harness for easier travel over rough or especially uneven surfaces, long flights of stairs, or when simultaneously traveling with other bags that need to be moved or carried by hand
- Meets international and US carry-on size requirements for most airlines (Carry-on size regulations are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline)
- Soft interior and flexible, removable internal dividers for camera equipment
- Removable insert further divides camera equipment and is transferable to a separate shoulder bag or backpack to further cushion a camera, plus two to three lenses for on-the-go use. Installs with a precise fit when used with a separately-available Tenba Tools Packlite Travel Bag for BYOB 10
- Two-stage telescoping handle
- Leather-trimmed, non-telescoping top handle
- Non-telescoping side handle and bottom handle
- Lid interior with four clear mesh accessory panels for easy contents identification
- Drop-in tripod carrier allows camera supports to be strapped to the side
- Integrated add-a-bag strap consolidates other luggage along the front of the case for easy transport of multiple carry-ons
- TSA-approved combination zipper lock secures the main compartment
- Lock-and-cable system secures the entire bag to a fixed object
- Front pocket organizer with four pockets provides storage for pens, business cards, passports, airplane tickets, as well as small electronics; and features a padded sleeve with an interior divider for most 17" laptops
- Nylon construction around a honeycomb internal frame provides a high degree of weather resistance and overall durability
- Shock-absorbing wheels with high-carbon steel bearings to help ensure their reliability
- Rain cover for additional protection from inclement weather
- Integrated front strap with D-ring for luggage tag
- User-replaceable wheels, wheel housings, foot stands, and telescoping top handle