Zacuto touts their GH5 Cage for GH5 and GH5S as a "no-cage" cage, although it provides protection and support for accessories via 1/4"-20 threaded mounting holes and otherwise meets the criteria for what people generally refer to as a cage. Lightweight, but maintaining the robust build quality Zacuto is known for, the cage features anodized aluminum construction with a front plate, the accessory mounting holes, and a removable handgrip on the camera left side. The cage is form-fitting and is designed to use your camera's neck strap eyelets, in conjunction with the 1/4"-20 mounting screw, to keep your camera secure.
The design of the cage allows access to all the camera's functions, battery, and SD card compartments, as well as leaving your camera's hot shoe unobstructed. In addition, the design permits you to grasp your camera with your right hand as if the cage were not there, while the included strap keeps your hand snug against the camera. The top plate incorporates numerous 1/4"-20 threaded mounting holes, with the cage itself featuring a total of 46. The bottom of the cage is machined into a dovetail compatible with an optional VCT Pro or VCT Pro Dock, but it also features two 1/4"-20 and one 3/8"-16 threaded mounting holes for mounting a tripod plate. An optional top handle and Metabones support expand the functionality of the cage.
- Anodized aluminum construction
- 46 total 1/4"-20 threaded accessory mounting holes
- Built-in Z-Rail for top handle (or other accessory) mounting
- And included HDMI "pincher" attaches directly to your camera
- Access to the battery and SD card compartments, all the camera's knobs and functions, and the camera's hot shoe is maintained
- The wood handgrip incorporates a cold shoe, and mounts to the cage via a Z-Rail
- A Metabones adapter support that attaches directly to the cage and not to rods is available
- A 15mm LWS rod support base is available
- A top handle with cold shoe is available