Designed for electric and acoustic guitarists, Line 6's Spider V 120 is an amplifier, which models classic amp heads, cabinets, and effects, providing them all in one 28 lb package. You’ll find 78 emulated amps, 23 modeled cabinets, and 101 separate effects built into this 120W amplifier, which sports a 1x12” cabinet.
In addition to its guitar input, you’ll note the 3.5mm line input for routing your favorite tunes from smartphones or music players. A headphone jack, which mutes the speaker, allows for silent practice. Dual XLR jacks on the rear panel allow you to record analog audio straight to your recording interface, or to route sound from the amp directly to the house, thereby obviating the need for miking your amp on stage. However, if you want to record digitally, you can do so through one of the USB ports provided on the rear of the amplifier. These USB ports also double as inputs for your iOS or Android device as well as your Mac or Windows computer.
For practicing purposes, a metronome and a tuner are offered as are drum loops recorded by real drummers. An onboard phrase looper allows you to accompany yourself. The amp provides a compliment of over 120 presets, many of which recreate the tones of famous guitarists, albums, and songs. You’re also given four user preset slots. Tweaking your effects and tone are as easy as cranking five knobs and navigating an intuitive LCD display.
If you have a Line 6 FBV pedal, you can connect it via Line 6’s proprietary FBV input jack, and once hooked up, you can switch models and manipulate effects with your feet. A wireless receiver is built into the amplifier, making wireless connection using the Relay G10T transmitter (available separately) a cinch. A mobile app for sharing/perusing through custom tones has been included, as has Cubase LE, a DAW that allows you to record, flesh out, and mix your ideas on your computer.
Over 120 Presets
Compatible with FBV Controllers
Suitable for Acoustic Guitars
Built-in Practice Tools
Built-in Wireless Receiver
Cubase LE Included
Key Features at a Glance
- Over 200 modeled amps, cabs, and effects
- Full-range speaker system that delivers excellent tone for electric guitar, acoustic guitars, and music playback
- 8 simultaneous effects including 3 Smart FX
- Enhanced presets for acoustic guitars
- FBV Pedal support for Line 6 FBV 3, FBV Shortboard MkII, FBV2 and FBV Express MkII pedals (available separately)
- Built-in tuner, metronome, and drum loops
- Built-in Line 6 Relay wireless receiver, compatible with Relay G10T Transmitters (available separately)
- Dual XLR outputs for recording or routing signal to the house PA/mixer
- USB Audio Interface for playback with Mac/Windows/iOS/Android
- Upgradeable firmware using the Line 6 Updater for Mac and Windows, or the Spider Remote app for iOS and Android
- Connect iOS devices directly with a standard Lightning cable
- Stereo headphone output
- 3.5mm input for MP3 or other audio sources