Effectively eliminating the need for stacks of ink cartridges, the PIXMA G3200 Wireless MegaTank All-in-One Inkjet Printer from Canon uses an integrated ink tank system that makes refilling much simpler and provides an astounding 6000 black or 7000 color prints on a single set of fresh ink bottles. The clear ink reservoirs as easy to see, having been placed at the front of the G3200 so that you can make sure you never run low. That, of course, isn't everything this wireless-capable all-in-one can do as it packs in impressive printing, scanning, and copying functions as well.
For printing, the G3200 uses a reliable inkjet system with a resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi that will deliver sharp text and vivid images. The system can also work quickly, with rated speeds of 8.8 ipm in black and 5 ipm in color. Users can also create borderless photos with ease and work with a variety of standard media sizes from 4 x 6" to 8.5 x 14". Using a 100-sheet rear tray, users will even be able to work with more specialized media from 2.2 x 3.5" up to 8.5 x 26.6" in size. Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity in addition to USB 2.0 furthers the potential for the printer by supporting various mobile printing protocols, including Google Cloud Print and Canon's own PRINT app.
Scanning and copying is made possible due to the implementation of a flatbed unit. This supports media up to 8.5 x 11.7" and operates at an optical resolution of 600 x 1200 dpi for sharp, detailed images. Users can also enjoy interpolation up to 19,200 x 19,200 dpi for creating a file with the highest level of detail possible.
- MegaTank integrated ink tank system eliminates the cartridge and holds enough ink for up to 7000 black and 6000 color prints. This quantity of ink equates to dozens of standard cartridges and the clear, front-mounted reservoirs make it easy to see when you are running low. Also, the ink delivery system is airtight, preventing ink from drying out.
- A print resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi is used to create sharp black documents and vivid, detailed full color images.
- Print speeds of up to 8.8 ipm in black and 5 ipm in color are available.
- A 4 x 6" borderless photo can be printed in about 60 seconds.
- Borderless printing is available at up to 8.5 x 11".
- Mobile printing support includes Google Cloud Print and the Canon PRINT app.
- Print features include Auto Photo Fix II, borderless printing (up to 8.5 x 11"), business card printing, document printing, Easy PhotoPrint+, Full HD Movie Print, image cropping, My Image Garden, photo printing, PIXMA Cloud Link, quiet mode, red-eye correction, special filters, square media printing support, and wireless printing.
- A flatbed is available for scanning documents up to 8.5 x 11.7".
- A Contact Image Sensor (CIS) provides an optical scan resolution of 600 x 1200 dpi, which can be interpolated up to 19,200 x 19,200 dpi.
- The scanner features a maximum color depth of 48-bit internally and 24-bit externally.
- TWAIN, WIA, and ICA drivers are available.
- Scan features include an Auto Scan Mode, Document Removal Reminder, network scan, and wireless scanning.
- This print offers a first copy out time of just 24 seconds.
- Up to 21 copies can be produced at a single time without a computer.
- Users can reduce or enlarge a copy from 25-400%.
- A 100-sheet rear tray is available for general media handling and can support standard media sizes of 4 x 6", 5 x 5", 5 x 7", 8 x 10", letter, legal, and U.S. #10 Envelopes as well as custom sizes from 2.2 x 3.5" up to 8.5 x 26.6".
- An Auto Power On/Off function will help reduce power consumption.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and USB 2.0 connectivity.