Poised as the ideal pocket camera, the silver Leica D-Lux 7 is a svelte, compact camera characterized by its large sensor design, versatile lens, and sleek styling. The 17MP Four Thirds MOS sensor offers impressive performance with a sensitivity range up to ISO 25600 along with an 11-fps continuous shooting rate and UHD 4K30p video recording to suit multimedia shooting applications in a variety of conditions. Balancing the imaging capabilities is a flexible DC Vario-Summilux lens, which offers a 24-75mm equivalent focal length range along with a bright f/1.7-2.8 design for controlling depth of field and working in difficult lighting conditions. This lens also utilizes optical image stabilization to minimize the appearance of camera shake in order to realize sharper handheld imagery.
Complementing the sensor and lens attributes is a travel-friendly physical design, which incorporates both a 2.76m-dot electronic viewfinder and a 3.0" 1.24m-dot rear touchscreen LCD. These assets are backed up by built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, which work in conjunction with the Leica FOTOS app for seamless wireless sharing as well as remote camera control from a linked iOS or Android device.
- Burst: this mode will allow you to continuously record, making it ideal for instances where you need a fast frame rate in order to capture the best moment.
- Pre-Burst: this mode is ideal for times when you're unsure of the critical moment to press the shutter button and will record images one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button in order to give you 60 frames to choose from.
- Burst (S/S): this mode most closely follows the video recording process, and allows you to playback your video, pause at the chosen moment, and use the shutter button to mark a chosen frame from the video and save it as a single 8MP frame.
- Bright electronic viewfinder has a 2.76m-dot resolution for clear eye-level viewing, even in bright sunlight.
- Rear 3.0" 1.24m-dot LCD features a touchscreen design for intuitive menu navigation, image playback, and for selecting AF points while shooting.
- Included hot shoe-mounted external flash can be used to provide additional illumination when working in low-light conditions.
- In-camera charging of the BP-DC15 lithium-ion battery is supported via an optional USB-connected power bank or when connected to a computer or AC adapter.
- Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, when used in conjunction with the Leica FOTOS app for iOS and Android, permits sharing imagery directly to a linked mobile device and also enables remote control over the D-Lux 7 and remote shooting via a live view image.
- Post Focus allows users to select the point of focus after an image has been taken. An electronic shutter function avails a top shutter speed of 1/16,000 sec. to better enable working in bright conditions and with wider aperture settings.