For speech, sound effects, and live music recording applications, the TASCAM DR-05X portable handheld recorder is capable of capturing two tracks of high-resolution audio with no external microphones required. Its onboard omnidirectional condenser mics are fixed in an A-B arrangement for spacious stereo imaging of your source. Equally adept as a handheld device, stand-mounted, or camera-mounted setups, the DR-05X can handle anything from sampling sessions and recitals to interviews and podcasts.
Flexible powering methods, like batteries, USB bus power, or an AC adapter, make the DR-05X well suited to on-the-go recording, all-day video shoots, and computer-based audio production. Need to patch in a lavalier mic or an outboard mixer? The DR-05X's 3.5mm mini-jack input accommodates mic- or line-level signals and can supply plug-in power if needed. Whether you use the built-in mics or an external source, selectable modes such as peak reduction, limiting, and auto level give you options for achieving clean and undistorted recordings.
If you need to record the output of a wireless microphone receiver or an audio mixer, the 3.5mm input can accommodate it with its line-level signal input. Since any source connected to the 3.5mm mini jack will override the onboard mic input, you won't have to sift through menus to select the proper input.
Mitigate wind noise and low-frequency rumble by selecting the low-cut filter, which can be set at 40, 80, or 120 Hz. You can even choose to apply a hall, room, studio, or plate reverb preset to the input or output signal. Upon playback, treble, mid, and bass frequencies may be boosted or reduced for custom output tone.
- 128 x 64 pixel graphic LCD with backlight
- Quick-menu button for easy access to various functions
- 10 menu languages
- Overwrite function for punch-in recording with one level of undo
- Dictation mode designed for human voice recording and transcription
- Adjustable playback speed from 0.5 to 2.0 times (in 0.1 increments)
- Automatically creates a new file when the maximum file size is reached
- File divide/delete functions
- Loop/repeat playback
- Resume function retains the last stop point even when the DR-05X is powered off/on
- Jump-back-and-play feature (1 to 10 seconds or 10/20/30 seconds)
- Up to 99 marks (locate points) per track
- Track increment creates new files at arbitrary locations during recording
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
- The first six characters of the file name for recording can be set freely
- Playlist function
- Chromatic tuner