Utilizing the Airpeak digital ecosystem along with the Sony Airpeak S1 Professional Drone, you can plan and execute complex aerial shoots with the equipment you already have and are familiar with. With the Airpeak S1 gimbal (Gremsy gimbal T3 for Airpeak not included), you can attach a host of Alpha series mirrorless cameras or the FX3 full-frame cinema camera and equip them with your arsenal of lenses. Flights can be piloted via the included controller by a single pilot, dual pilots can split drone and gimbal control with an additional remote, or you can fully automate a repeatable flight plan.
While in the air, the S1 can maneuver quickly to locations thanks to 0 to 50 mph acceleration in just 3.5 seconds, and it can withstand adverse outdoor conditions with up to 44.7 mph wind resistance. Even indoors or under structures, where GNSS reception is blocked, the S1 can perform thanks to an obstacle-avoiding, multicamera, multisensor vision system. Whatever mission you need to fly, Sony's Airpeak Base cloud-based web app and Airpeak Flight iOS/iPadOS mobile app confirm the aircraft's condition and give you control over many features and settings, so you can fully focus on the creative process when on set.
Powerful and Fast Performance
Separate accounts can be created to increase information security and accountability in aircraft usage. Being a web-based app, all data is conveniently stored in the cloud, so team members can access them from any location. It also helps Sony's Airpeak S1 customer support team to more efficiently provide problem resolution.
Mission Flight mode utilizes the Projects section of Airpeak Base to let you create automated flight plans that can be created for execution by the pilot with the Airpeak Flight mobile app. You can set the drone's speed and position (latitude, longitude, and altitude) along a timeline, along with the gimbal direction and timing of image and video capture. This mode can be saved and run repeatedly, just like a camera on rails when you're on the ground.
Repeat Flight mode accurately recreates old flight paths from flight logs, including gimbal and camera movement. In both Mission Flight and Repeat Flight modes, pilots maintain manual control to tweak the route and settings in the moment.
Vision Sensing System
This ability allows for reduced camera shake during low-level flying, and it is essential for automatic obstacle avoidance in dense areas or when GNSS reception is not available. If an obstacle is detected, the S1 can enable the obstacle braking function, which auto-decelerates or stops the aircraft if needed. Obstacle braking can also be manually triggered if needed.
- Standard Mode: Ensures all sensors and obstacle detection are on
- Velocity Mode: Reduces effects of wind on hovering, turning, and maneuvering
- On Course Function: Pilots can accomplish accurate recreations of circular flight paths
- All Modes: You can customize maximum speed, angles, acceleration rates, and other parameters
Automatic Return to Home
- Supports 345° panning with retractable landing gear (gimbal not included)
- Save time with a hot-swappable battery that lets you change packs without powering down
- Detachable propellers with a quick release mechanism
- Supports Airpeak Plus (paid subscription required) to open up full Airpeak Base functionality, including AirMap and Geofencing
- Supports Airpeak Protect Plan (additional charges apply) to replace drones in the event of accidental damage or malfunction