Video resolutions include DCI 4K capture at rates ranging from 23.98 to 60 fps, plus high-speed options up to 120 fps in UHD 4K and 180 fps in cropped 2K. Pro video functions include unlimited video recording, Dual Pixel CMOS AF autofocus control, a motorized ND filter wheel tucked into the shallower RF-mount flange depth, a BNC timecode input/output connector, and built-in dual mini-XLR audio inputs.
For users seeking most of the benefits of a log workflow but with reduced turnaround times, choose the Canon Log 3 alternative with only a slightly reduced dynamic range of 14 stops.
- A built-in RF lens mount lends the EOS C70 compatibility with Canon's expanding line of high-performance RF-mount lenses.
- With a short flange distance, the RF mount helps to noticeably reduce the camera body's depth, resulting in a more compact design.
Additional compatible adapters include the EF-EOS R Canon Mount, Canon Control Ring Mount, Drop-In Circular Polarizer Filter Mount, and Drop-In Variable ND Filter Mount adapters.
- Two mini-XLR inputs with phantom power and manual control dials provide professional audio recording options for the EOS C70
- The EOS C70 supports up to 4-channel audio using dual mini-XLR ports, an internal stereo mic, and a 3.5mm mic input
- Another innovative EOS C70 feature is the Dual Pixel CMOS AF Technology, which uses each pixel on the CMOS sensor for both focus detection and image information, resulting in precision focusing and optimal image quality. The EOS C70 is also the first Cinema EOS camera to feature the EOS iTR AF X autofocus function featuring a head-detection algorithm developed using deep-learning technology.
- In Face Detection mode, this algorithm helps to improve distance measuring and tracking reliability, even when a subject turns their head to the side or back.
- The EOS C70 also features the innovative Dual Pixel Focus Guide, which provides both front- and back-focus information to let users know where to set the focus during manual pulls.
- To smooth out handheld shots, the EOS C70 is the first Cinema EOS camera to offer enhanced image stabilization with coordinated control. When used with an RF-mount lens and the EOS C70's electronic IS, coordinated control optimizes hand-shake correction for even greater vibration reduction than that obtained with an EF-mount lens and electronic IS.
- When working in the 2K format, the EOS C70's Super16 Digital IS improves performance by using the peripheral area around the center of the 4K sensor to stabilize the image.
Livestreamers haven't been neglected—support for Canon's XC streaming protocol enables camera control with the optional RC-IP100 controller and easier development of third-party collaborations. Imaging tools have been updated with enhanced midrange contrast and an emphasis on accurate skin tones using Canon 709 gamma and LUT options. Off-speed shooters will appreciate eye and face detection in slow-/fast-motion modes; and last but not least, 4-channel audio levels can now be viewed onscreen to help you obtain optimal sound quality.
Prized for its versatility, the RF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM from Canon is a wide-angle to short telephoto zoom characterized by its constant f/4 maximum aperture. Ideal for use in nearly any shooting scenario, this zoom is benefitted by a five-stop-effective Image Stabilizer to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld imagery. Also complementing handling is a unique customizable Control Ring, which can be configured to adjust a variety of exposure settings settings, including aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation. Benefitting image quality, the advanced optical design features a Super Spectra Coating, which helps to suppress ghosting and flare in order to improve contrast and color accuracy when working in bright and backlit conditions. Ideal for both photo and video applications, this lens also incorporates a Nano USM autofocus motor, which delivers quick, quiet, and precise focusing performance.