Looking for a sample-based groovebox that's both inspiring and simple to use? Check out the Polyend Play, a powerful music making machine with eight audio tracks and eight MIDI tracks that works as the centerpiece in your studio or onstage. The Play includes over 30 sample kits with over 3000 high-quality samples to get you going out of the box.
With an open sandbox approach for creating and performing grooves, the Play provides you with the freedom to instantly mix things up with tons of different playback and performance functions and effects. Perform mode allows you to make nondestructive changes to your tracks, via performance effects including Tune, Filter, Overdrive, Rearranger, Reverb, and many more. The Play is powered by the included 5V/1A USB adapter but can also use portable power banks or a computer. A USB-C cable, 3.5mm TRS to dual 1/4" audio cable, 3.5mm to DIN MIDI adapter, 16GB microSD card, and a microSD to USB-A adapter are included.
- Pick and Place—find your sound among over 3000 included samples and place it anywhere on the grid to start building your tracks.
- Select and Adjust—easily adjust step parameters independently with familiar sample-based controls at your disposal.
- Make each track your own with 35 different play modes, Chance and Action Combo, Randomizer, and Step Repeater functions.
- Stuck for inspiration? Utilize the Smart Fill option to automatically fill any area you choose with an entire beat, a random placement of steps, or even a Euclidean spread.
- Quickly move data around, such as steps, tracks, track pages, variations, and patterns, with simple selection and copy/paste controls.
- Keep it musical with scale filtering, allowing only notes within the selected scale to be outputted by the entire sequence.
- Perform mode allows you to make nondestructive changes to your tracks via performance effects including Tune, Filter, Overdrive, Rearranger, Reverb and many more.
- Live record automation or change individual step values on the fly and even record mono or polyphonic MIDI from an external controller or onboard keyboard.
- Customizable pattern chaining allows you to map out entire sequences anywhere on the grid and perform them live.
- Reverb, Delay, Sound Enhancer, Limiter, and Saturator master effects are included to spice up your entire mix.
- Instantly Save and Recall patterns—perfect for when things go wrong during a live performance.
- 8 internal audio tracks and 8 individual polyphonic MIDI tracks combine for powerful integration with your existing instruments.
- Over 30,000 track variations are available. That’s 128 patterns holding 16 tracks, with each individual track holding up to 16 variations.
- Each track can benefit from independent lengths (1 to 64 steps), different BPM-related speeds, playback modes, and even swing values. Perfect for polymetric and polyrhythmic sequences.
- Control your synths and drum machines on individual tracks with the ability to output a separate set of MIDI values per track.
- Full MIDI capabilities with flexible MIDI CC mapping per track for the individual rotary knobs and you can connect an external controller for MIDI note input. Plus, you can output chords, arpeggios, program and bank changes, pitch bend, clock and much more.
- Split-screen display with 15 touch-capacitive knobs that can be tapped once to select and preview a parameter or twice to switch between upper and lower screen values.
- 16x8 step sequencing grid complemented with a 4x8 control grid for Mute, Solo, Variation, Select, and Keyboard note input.
- MIDI ins and outs via 3.5mm jacks (MIDI DIN adapter included).
- MicroSD card slot (16GB card included).
- Runs on 5V/1A via USB-C and can be powered from a power bank for getting out and about.
- Free regular firmware updates.