If you know you'll be traveling to remote areas without cell service, the Defy Satellite Link from Motorola can be your lifeline if something goes wrong. The Defy doesn't need a cell signal or Wi-Fi connection, as it links directly with satellites to communicate. Simply pair it to your smartphone via Bluetooth and download the Bullitt Satellite Messenger app. You can then use the SOS button to connect to Bullitt's professionally-trained staff to text and get help if needed. Additional paid plans are available that add support for the built-in "check-in" button and general texting with anyone. As it's designed for traveling, the Defy features a rugged construction that can stand up to the rigors of the outdoors.
Additional plans add functionality, such as activating the Defy's built-in "check-in" button and letting you text with anyone. The "check-in" button shares your current location when pressed. Each plan above SOS Assist requires either a monthly or yearly fee and differs from each other by the number of messages they allow per month. SOS messages are always unlimited. Check with Bullitt for current plan specifications and pricing.
- Up to 30 messages per month
- Send and receive text messages and location via satellite
- Is resistant to Category 4 vibration
- Is resistant to humidity and salt mist
- Can handle thermal shock with temperatures as low as -22°F and as high as 131°F for up to 24 hours
- Up to four days of standby power
- Power, SOS, and Check-In buttons
- Audio buzzer
- 600mAh LiPo rechargeable battery built-in
- Recharges via USB
- Pre-attached lanyard with D-ring attachment