The 10x42 SLC Binoculars from Swarovski combine extra-low dispersion (HD) glass elements and a range of proprietary optical coatings with a weather-resistant magnesium-alloy housing to create a multi-purpose set of glasses that delivers impressive image quality and durability. This configuration of the SLC displays an immersive 61° apparent viewing angle; a long 16mm eye relief and multi-position twist-up eyecups enable a comfortable viewing distance for almost any observer.
Swarovski uses phase-corrected roof prisms and fully multi-coated fluorite-containing HD glass optics in the SLC binoculars. Each of the HD lenses is finished with multiple layers of SWAROTOP anti-reflective lens coating. Resulting images transmitted by the optical path are rich with detail and saturated with lifelike color.
In addition to their high-transmission optical system, Swarovski also equips the SLC binoculars with a range of features that improve the handling experience of the observer. The geared focus system offers quick and precise focusing with the same focus wheel, permitting the observer to focus from infinity down to 10.5 ft in only two rotations. Covering the magnesium-alloy housing are two distinct types of rubber armoring, each providing impact protection and tactile response where they are needed most.
Complementing the HD optics and improved ergonomics of the SLC series binoculars is a nitrogen-filled housing that is airtight to a depth of 13 ft. Swarovski finishes the exposed lens surfaces with their SWARODUR scratch-resistant and anti-reflective coating, as well as SWAROCLEAN non-stick lens coating, which repels moisture and prevents residue from adhering to the exposed glass. Their premium optics and user-friendly performance make the SLC binoculars a reliable optic for most close to mid-range glassing tasks.
- Magnification: 10x
- Objective lenses: 42mm diameter
- HD Optical System: fluorite-containing glass enhances color fidelity and brightness
- SWAROBRIGHT highly reflective mirror prism coating optimizes color transmission
- SWAROTOP anti-reflective lens coating reduces glare and improves contrast
- P-Coating phase-correction preserves sharpness and clarity
- 61° wide apparent viewing angle
- 10.5 ft minimum focus distance
- 16mm eye relief
Use and Handling
- Twist-up eyecups with three click-stop positions
- Mechanical focus system enables quick yet precise focusing
- Center wheel diopter adjustment
- 1/4"-20 threaded mount for tripod adapter
- Nitrogen filled for fog and waterproof performance
- Magnesium-alloy housing with dark green rubberized finish
- Dual-texture rubber armoring enhances impact protection and ergonomics
- SWAROCLEAN non-stick coating, SWARODUR scratch-resistant lens surfaces
- Operating temperature: -13 to 131°F
- Waterproof depth: 13 ft
- Weight: 28 oz