The Manfrotto 294 Aluminum 3 Section Tripod with 327RC2 Grip Ball Head Kit by B&H combines a classic, aluminum tripod with a fast-action Grip Ball Head that allows single-handed operation while your eye never leaves the viewfinder.
The largest tripod in the 290 family at 70.5" with the included head, the Manfrotto 294 3-Section Aluminum Tripod legs are an ideal support for a DSLR or other camera weighing up to 11 lb. Its high quality aluminum leg tubes feature a D-shaped cross section to defeat torsion and enhance stability while its flip-type leg locks make setup and breakdown a snap. The standard 23° leg angle can be changed to 51° for shooting as close as 19.6" from the ground.
The lightweight, 1.37 lb magnesium 327RC2 Grip Ball Head with quick release offers a uniquely ergonomic way of quickly unlocking, moving and blocking your camera. You can operate the head with one hand while your eye never leaves the viewfinder. Simply grip the head to move the camera and release; it locks securely in place. The head features friction control, 360° panoramic rotation, -3°/ +90° lateral, and -90°/ +90° front tilt. The head can support up to 12.13 lb. A 200PL-14 quick release camera plate is included.
Manfrotto 294 Aluminum Tripod
With its aluminum alloy leg tubes and top casting, the Manfrotto 294 Aluminum Tripod is a sturdy support for a DSLR or other camera. When the three leg sections and center column are fully extended, the tripod reaches a maximum height of 66.5", and its load capacity of 11 lb makes it a good choice for larger cameras. The tripod weighs 4.2 lb, and folds down to 23.6" for transport.
The three-section 294 tripod's universal 3/8"-16 stud makes it ready to attach to most tripod heads. An anti-shock collar protects your camera from accidental impact when the center column is retracted quickly.
Manfrotto 327RC2 Ball Head with 200PL-14 Quick Release Plate
This 327RC2 Ball Head from Manfrotto has a load capacity of 12.1 lb and can be attached to tripods or other support systems that feature a 3/8"-16 mount. It includes an RC2 quick release cam lock and a 200PL-14 Quick Release Plate. RC2 compatible quick release plates such as the 200PL-14 can be removed from the head by pulling the cam lock's spring-loaded lever, which also allows the plate to be instantly reattached. The cam lock also features a safety catch to prevent a compatible quick release plate from accidentally disconnecting.
The 327RC2 features a ball-and-socket joint with an easy-to-grip control handle. By squeezing the control handle's integrated trigger, the ball-and-socket joint can be quickly swiveled, angled, fully tilted, or returned to its upright position. A thumbwheel set within the underside of the control handle can be rotated to apply tension control to the ball-and-socket joint's movements. Once the squeeze trigger is released, any adjustments to the position of the ball-and-socket joint are locked into place.
Cameras or accessories that are compatible with a 1/4"-20 mount can be connected to the 200PL-14 quick release plate, which measures 1.7 x 2.1 x 0.4" and has a rubberized, non-slip surface. The 327RC2 is initially configured for use with the right hand. An included hex key allows the RC2 quick release cam lock to be repositioned along with the control handle, enabling left-handed use.
327RC2 Ball Head
- 12.1 lb load capacity
- Compatible with tripods or support systems that feature a 3/8"-16 mount
- Uses ball-and-socket joint with easy-to-grip control handle to help maximize pan-and-tilt flexibility
- By squeezing the control handle's integrated trigger, the ball-and-socket joint can be quickly swiveled 360°, fully tilted down to a 90° angle, or returned to its upright position
- When the control handle's squeeze trigger is released, any adjustments to the position of the ball-and-socket joint are locked into place
- A thumbwheel set within the underside of the control handle can be rotated to apply tension control to the ball-and-socket joint's movements
- RC2 quick release cam lock
- Built-in bubble level
- Can be configured for left-handed use
- Durable, magnesium-alloy construction
- Hex key to adjust position of RC2 quick release cam lock
- Hex key to adjust tension on ball-and-socket joint
200PL-14 Quick Release Plate
- Compatible with Manfrotto RC2 quick release cam lock
- Measures 1.7 x 2.1 x 0.4" and has a rubberized, non-slip surface
- 1/4"-20 mount
- Durable, aluminum-alloy construction