The Garner PD-5 Hard Drive Destroyer uses 15,500 pounds of crushing power to physically destroy hard drives containing your sensitive data. This powerful, high-speed, destroyer bends, breaks, and mangles hard drives, including data platters and other internal components, thwarting data recovery. The PD-5 is software-independent, destroying up to eight laptop-, two standard-, or one full-height hard drive per cycle. Drives are destroyed in 18 seconds or less, meeting NSA emergency-destruction guidelines.
The Garner PD-5 Destroyer automatically senses the inserted media type, and can run continuously without cooling down between cycles. Its office-friendly design is quiet, free of hydraulic fluid, and offers push-button operation with an LCD display screen. The optional SSD-1 accessory destroyer expands the PD-5's range to include solid-state drives, including laptop SSDs, solid-state hybrid drives (SSHDs), flash, compact flash, thumb, and other USB drives (SSD-1 not included).
- NSA/CSS Evaluated Products List (EPL) for Hard Drive Bending Devices
- California Senate Bill 1386
- DOD Emergency Destruction Guidelines
- GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act)
- HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act)
- NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) Guidelines for Media
- NIST SP 800-36
- NIST SP 800-88r1
- NSA/CSS SDDM 9-12
- PCI DSS 3.2 (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard)
- PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act)