Orders placed after 4PM on weekdays will not ship until the next business day. Orders placed after 11AM Fridays will not ship until the following Monday.
Faster shipping methods may be available; just upgrade during checkout.
*Some exclusions apply.
Enter new zip code to refresh estimated delivery time.
The third edition of the softcover book Motion Graphic Design: Applied History and Aesthetics from Focal Press was written by Jon Krasner and provides a historical and critical overview of how the language of traditional graphic design is combined with the dynamic visual language of cinema in film, television, and interactive media. It features works from highly acclaimed animators and motion graphics studios from across the globe.
Author: Jon Krasner is a Professor of Graphic Design at Fitchburg State University. Holding an M.F.A. in painting from Pratt Institute and an M.F.A. in graphic design from Boston University, he has been able to synthesize the disciplines of painting, print, animation, and music composition. Professor Krasner brings a unique perspective to the classroom that emphasizes experimentation, aesthetic sensitivity, and critical reasoning. As a practicing artist and professional graphic designer, his multi-disciplinary work has been exhibited nationwide.
• Thorough analysis of motion graphics designed for websites, informational kiosks, desktop and mobile touchscreen applications, DVD menus, and games
• Inspiring examples of how motion graphics continue to shape our visual landscape by transforming interior and exterior spaces into more engaging, immersive environments
• Coverage of conventional frame-by-frame animation techniques including stop-motion, cutout, and freehand by contemporary animators and motion design studios
• Instruction in how to create continuity or discontinuity and maintain the interest of viewers with frame mobility and rhythmic editing
• Discussion of pictorial and sequential aspects of motion graphics compositions and how they are choreographed to enhance messages and enrich stories
• A companion DVD featuring new professional and student work from around the globe, as well as figures from the textbook