Bundled with a compact swivel mount and a wooden box, the nickel Neumann TLM 107 large-diaphragm multipattern condenser microphone brings renowned Neumann sound quality and immense versatility to a price point that's accessible to music creators and engineers working in project studios and home recording setups. The dual-diaphragm capsule—specially developed for the TLM 107—offers a balanced tone that's consistent across its five selectable polar patterns, making the mic a great choice for capturing vocals and instruments without coloration.
A single control on the rear of the mic is used to change the polar pattern, pad (-6 or -12 dB), and low-cut filter (40 or 100 Hz). With the -12 dB pad engaged, the TLM 107 can be used on sound sources up to 153 dB for recording percussion, drums, amplifiers, and other loud instruments clearly and without distortion. A treble boost above 8 kHz helps the mic maintain detail and articulation while avoiding pronounced sibilance. Thanks in part to the transformerless circuitry, the TLM 107 yields only 10 dBA of self-noise, further enhancing its transparent nature.
- State of the art, yet affordable large-diaphragm microphone
- Versatile studio workhorse for vocals and instruments
- Dual-diaphragm condenser capsule
- Five polar patterns and multiple pad and low-cut options
- Transformerless circuitry for ultra-transparent sound
- Extremely low self-noise
- Distortion-free, even at highest sound pressure levels
- XLR 3-pin output connector
- 48V phantom powered
- Includes compact swivel mount and wooden box