The Shure ULXD2/B87C is a digital handheld wireless microphone transmitter compatible with ULX-D and QLX-D receivers. It comes equipped with the Beta 87C cardioid condenser capsule designed to deliver an extremely smooth frequency response with extended high end for vocal performers and presenters. The capsule features a cardioid pick-up pattern that reduces rear and off-axis background noise, helping to control feedback.
With a rugged, yet lightweight aluminum housing, the ULXD2/B87C transmitter delivers pristine audio quality and RF performance, AES 256-bit encryption for secure transmission, and advanced rechargeability options for professional sound reinforcement applications.
- The unit delivers clear, reliable 24-bit/48 kHz digital audio over its entire 330' range, great for live performances and presentations in music venues, houses of worship, and conference spaces.
- The Beta 87C cardioid condenser capsule offers a gradual presence rise and controlled proximity effect tailored for clear, intelligible vocals.
- The interchangeable capsule design allows you to replace the Beta 87C capsule with a Shure capsule that’s ideal for your application and simply screw it onto the transmitter—including SM58, SM86, SM87A, Beta 58A, Beta 87A, KSM9 capsules, and more.
- The unit quickly syncs with a wireless receiver via infrared at the touch of a button.
- Shure Proprietary Gain Ranging automatically adjusts the mic input level, eliminating the need for transmitter gain adjustments.
- The power button conveniently doubles as mute switch, while preserving RF lock.
- Frequency and power lockout functions prevent accidental or unauthorized changes during events.
- A backlit LCD with easy-to-navigate menu and controls lets you quickly access frequency, group, and channel settings, along with mute and lock status, RF output, and remaining battery life.
- 1/10/20mW Variable selectable RF output power allows you to increase either the transmitter's range or the number of mics operating simultaneously.
- Operates for up to 11 hours on two AA batteries.
- Optional Shure SB900A lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack offers intelligent power management with over 12 hours of battery life, precision metering in hours and minutes, and zero memory effect.
- External charging contacts allow for docked battery charging with the SBC200 dual-docking charger (available separately).
- The networkable SBC220 charger (available separately) allows for remote power monitoring via Shure’s Wireless Workbench software.