The Sat 6D from Blue Sky is an individual powered monitor with digital inputs that is part of the Star System One Monitoring System, providing precision and accuracy for film, television, and gaming audio post production, as well as music recording and mixing.
The Sat 6D utilizes a 6.5" high excursion radial magnet woofer and 1" ring radial tweeter. The digital circuitry features FR4 6-layer circuit boards, Burr-Brown 192 kHz/24-bit AD/DA converters, and a Cirrus Logic Digital receiver and sample rate converter. In addition, the Sat 6D has a "Pure-Digital" mode for 48 kHz and 96 kHz operation, where the native input from the AES/EBU receiver is sent straight to the DAC.
The on-board USB data port provides speaker settings, updates and room correction inputs, which includes a 1/3 octave, 31-band digital graphic equalizer plus 8 bands of parametric EQ and filters. The system includes Blue Sky's Speaker Management Software that works in tandem with the included Speaker Room Optimization and Binary Organic Optimization software to calculate precise response curves to measure and optimally correct room problems. The Sat 6D ships with a removable "port" plate and IEC power cord.
- Analog input (balanced XLR) -10 dBu / +4 dBu switchable
- Digital input (XLR - AES 110 Ohm)
- Cirrus Logic sample rate convertor (32, 44.1, 88.2, 192 kHz)
- National semiconductor LME op amps
- Analog / digital auto switching
- Digital pass thru
- Digital stereo L/R selector
- Adjustable gain control and time delay
- Pink noise generator
- Driver (woofer/tweeter) time alignment
- Switchable DSP filters for 80 Hz or extended range 40 Hz operation
- Switchable DSP filters and removable plates for sealed or ported operation
- 300 W woofer / 150 W tweeter / 600 W SMPS power supply
- Hypex UcD power amplifiers with trickle down N-core technology